iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

processor that looks like a chipper

Started by r.man, January 17, 2015, 09:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

I know I posted a couple of videos of this type of machine before but I couldn't find the thread to add this to and it is an excellent example. Doesn't show the gearing but does show the working blades. Reminds me of the Dan Aykroyd bass o matic skit from Saturday Night Live. Picture Aykroyd saying " The new pine o matic, cut down a pine tree and put the tree, thats the whole tree in the new pine o matic. I can't help but think that the person who buys the final bag of wood will get a lot of needles, and that fresh pine scent.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4edjT1zvg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

thecfarm

You know how to look for your own posts? Click onto your user name,that will bring you to your profile,upper left corner is Show Posts,click onto that and that brings up all your posts. It's #47 I think.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Thanks for the reminder Cfarm, I knew how to do it, just didn't think to do it.

DeerMeadowFarm

hat looks like a good way to process/get rid of sawmill slabs! Bags of campfire wood!

Engineer

I'd run that into those big lawn and leaf bags and stockpile pallets full of filled bags in a wood shed or barn.  One or two full bags stuffed into the OWB would make a night's burn.  No waste.

kcmack81

Quote from: Engineer on January 20, 2015, 01:13:05 PM
I'd run that into those big lawn and leaf bags and stockpile pallets full of filled bags in a wood shed or barn.  One or two full bags stuffed into the OWB would make a night's burn.  No waste.

I wonder if anyone on here has burned small chunks like that in their OWB, and seen what kind of burn times you get out of a "bag's worth"
Homemade OWB
Homemade 34T wood splitter
Husky 350, 235e
And a Fiskar chopping axe for moral support
94 GMC 4wd, long box wood hauler/snow plower
and she isn't winning a beauty contest

r.man

I have shoveled in piles of bark in the spring of the year when you don't need as much heat. Yard bark needs to be cleaned up anyway and I don't think of it as waste. When I am handling my wood to bring it home I will throw in any bark that has fallen off the pieces so it is in the yard in the spring to be used. I get a few days spring heating out of the bark that has fallen off my years firewood.

Ivan49

3 years ago they cleaned out under the power lines in my area and chipped everything. I got several loads of wood chips from them. Just for the heck of it I threw a half dozen shovel full in my OWB to see what would happen. When the fan kicked on they smoldered for a minute and then you would have thought I threw gas in it. They burned hot. I put wood on the top and there were still a few chips left the next day. They did not smoke hardly at all

gspren

I think those size chunks would be fine in my OWB or most any other that has a good draft control.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Oliver1655

Just remember those measurements are in centimeters.  12 centimeters is just under 5" (2.54 cm = 1")
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

Thank You Sponsors!