iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i got a hat

Started by woodmills1, March 03, 2002, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

so here is one scary hat pix plus peas

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bud Man

Kinda frightening--Reminds me of the barber shop I went to as a child. It had mirrors on both walls front and back slightly tilted and you could see an infinate  number of reflections one after another.  What's printed on the hat ?  Forum hat ?
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tom

Didja get a 200 post hat Woodmills?

Cool.....now you gotta be serious.....what kinda peas ya got?

woodmills1

nice timber buyers hat :D :D great baby lesueur brand peas :D picture still scary.  once my sister got a picnic basket for christmas.  on it was a pictue of the picnic basket which of course on it was a picture.......... :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Those Timber Buyers hats are great, aren't they? :) Jeff really puts out for the site not to be making anything off of it. Kinda makes me want to be protective and stand up to some of those folks on other sites who try to steal his ideas. >:(

I heard once that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but that only works when it's not your stuff being imitated. >:(

When I got my hat, I was so proud, I put it over my computer and only wear it to special functions.  This is one of the best clubs I ever belonged to and I like to show it off.  I keep hoping that I will end up at an ag show one day and there will be enough of us who recognize the hats to have a party. :D

Leseur peas.  Those are those fancy French peas, aren't they?  You better be careful sharing them around.  That gets pretty expensive.  I like those store brand kind myself.  It keeps the budget in tack and Charlie hasn't figured it out yet.  He's so tired when he gets home that I can feed him the good stuff and he won't eat too much.  I can give him two cans of Thrifty Maid on the job if I have to. :D ;D

Hey Woodmills, that's a mighty fancy computer room you have there. That lamp looks like you have a personal decorator to take care of the place.

Bud Man,  you went to one of those shops too?  I used to try to count how many of me was in the mirror.  It was a six chair shop but only 4 and sometimes 5 chairs were occupied with barbers.  Had a "Shoe Black" in there too.  He was good and kept us all entertained with his rag popping. Between him and all the stories being told by patrons (it was practically a club too) I used to like to get my hair cut.  I would get up in his chair in an unoccupied seat and watch him shine shoes. He had a four man seat and could take care of four at a time too, if he had too. :) 

Yep McCormick's was fun and better yet, it was next door to Taylor's Soda Shop where you could get the best hand-molded, grilled hamburgert on a grilled bun this side of heaven.

Congratulations on your hat,  I'm going to go out celebrate. ;D

Bud Man

James -- Them Lesueur's is the best, draws off loaders like honey draws bees.   Tom - My hair shop was the spitting Image of your description down to the rag popping.  Each barber had a uniform and you'd thought they were expecting royalty to show up the way the place was kept.  The men's side was only half the shop,  the women's parlor was on the other side , so the conversations were mainly about fishing and hunting.  The conversations from the gals side was my first introduction to gossip, don't know what they was saying, they all whispered and giggled.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

CHARLIE

Congratulations on getting your hat Woodmills! Actually, I think that Forum Hat makes you look right respectable.  :o  What's in that can? Wobblypop?  8) 8)

I wore my hat down to Florida the last time I visited Tom. I got a little sweat stain on mine (ain't use to that hot 70 degree weather) and you should of seen him making DanG sure I didn't take his hat and leave him mine. ::)  Cripes, it wasn't much of a sweat stain either.

Tom, wasn't that barber shop named Duncan's? I think haircuts were 25 cent and a shoeshine was a dime.  I even remember going when they had to put that board across the arms of the barber chair so I'd be sitting up high enough for the barber to cut my hair.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bibbyman

I don't remember it but I've been told the story a thousand times about my first trip to a real barbershop.  

Dad was so proud to take his three-year-old son to get his first real haircut.  I was afraid so when I got up in the chair,  I told the barber "You don't want to cut my hair 'cause I got ROUSES!". :-[
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Charlie,

Why, I believe you are right.  Let's see, that makes 3 times.  Duncan's it was and I remember the board too.  I figured I was really grown up the day they said I didn't need it anymore. Don't know where I got McCormicks from unless that is what they called it later.

That can woodmills has is not wobblypop.  It's peas.  You wouldn't like them, they are from some other part of the country and aren't spiced like you are accustomed.  Those that you get here are the best. I wouldn't lead you astray. :D

CHARLIE

DanG Woodmills even said they were peas! I guess I didn't recognize the can 'cause the peas you fed me always had a white label and black writing. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodmills1

uh oh!  I dune let the peas outa the can :D seems off bearers need fancy peas up here in the north after they handle the fancy red oak we cut :D after a day workin in pine though we hand out the store brand :D as fer cherry and walnut, only fresh picked peas will do :D :D

Jeff

Ya don't look any better the second time ;) Cool hat though...

Bud Man==== I aint forgot ya==== I see you are past========200!  Do you want one of the 3 remaining Timber Buyers Hats, or do you want to wait for the one's that are coming. (They are different and all the other previous hat level people will want one, but oh well!)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bud Man

Jeff ====Send me one of the new batch unless it's gonna be too long  (you never know) and let the rest of em droll with envy===== :-* :-*

Jeff

what constitutes "to long" for a guy your age?  

I sent in the forum logo to get digitized about 10 days ago. They are supposed to send me an embroidery sample for my inspection this next week. Then they will do the hats if I approve. should be about 3 to 4 weeks, then probably that much longer to get myself to actually give ya one ;)

Bud Man

Lord willing and if the creek's don't rise I'll be around that long.  Got any W-M Orange one's ?? 8)

Jeff

why no, are you offering?

Bud Man

No ===That's why I was asking=======Let's make It easy and suprise me=====Don't want you to purge my post's.======= :D :D

Jeff

Bibbymans already got a hat, maybe I could send him your new forum hat if you really want a WM hat, he could then get you the WM hat. :D

Bud Man

This is getting complicated , your gonna make me have to take notes and Wood-Mizer is already custom-making me a size 10  :o Orange Glow In The Dark Hat.  Your Forum Your Choice  ::)

Bibbyman

You know what Bud Man?  The hats WM has been giving out the past couple of years have been gray – not orange.  I don't like them as well as the old orange or black ones.

Anyway,  I hear the Wood-Mizer field office in Mt. Vernon, MO. is planning a field day in early April.  If you show up,  I'll see that you get a hat – even if I've got to take one of Mary's head! ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bud Man

8)  It's a date April 6 @ Mt. Vernon, Mo. See you there !!  8)

Thank You Sponsors!