iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1990 170 franklin grappel

Started by coxy, January 16, 2015, 06:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

what did they have for a motor  and how were they this one look to have 28ls on it  and it looks like only single function how good were they       thanks

so il logger

Chances are its a 6bt cummins if not then a deutz. My dad had a 92 tree farmer c6e single function. they are pretty similiar. If its been taken care of theyre pretty tough. Not really fast but tough

Southside

Mine is a '92 with the Cummins, tough as nails and will pull a lot of wood. The winch will rip chokers in half if the tree fetches up. I have 30.5" rubber. Single arch, very happy with it.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

so il logger

Does your 170 have a clark tranny southside logger?

kiko

All the franklins  I have dealt with have a franklin transmission with a Rockwell or Clark torque converter.

so il logger

Ok i wasnt sure. My dads old c6 had a 3 spd clark I kinda thought they were kinda similiar

Southside

4 speed forward, 2 reverse, electronic controlled power shift, not sure on the make, other than checking oil and changing the filter I have not touched it. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

so il logger

id say ur trany is a franklin then. My tj 450 has a clark ive heard clark is a good tranny but im havin trouble gettin mine lined out

loggah

The 1990 660 Franklin i had had a 6bt 177 h.p. cummins,franklin transmission. i dont know why the different numbers but its basically a 170. I had a franklin m36 dual arch grapple and winch on it,was a great machine.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

OntarioAl

Folks
Maybe somebody can confirm the facts or enlighten me. Didn't Franklin buy out Tree Farmer and then centralize all production in one plant?
Tree Farmer use to be manufactured in Thunder Bay but the production line was moved to Montreal and after that I think Franklin ???
Al 
Al Raman

Thank You Sponsors!