iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 105 feller buncher questions

Started by Southside, January 15, 2015, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Can anyone tell me about the Franlkin 105 bunchers? There is one locally for sale with a shear on it. I have a KW hot saw head that is not in use right now off a Barko. Are the 105's with the 353 stout enough for a 4,000 lb head? Do they have enough hydraulic flow for the saw? I would not expect it to be the fastest machine but for my little set up it would be nice to have something to bunch with and leave the processor on the deck.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

eichenberg93

The guy we bought our timberjack from has one. Its has a shear head and a 4bt in it. Ran it for a week and wasn't to bad to operate. It had Plenty of lift power. The shear head on those weight quite a bit so I don't see why it wouldn't lift a 4000 pound head. The only thing I really didn't like was how the transmission shifted. It wasn't hydrostatic but was an electronically operated power shift. Once you get used to running it is not bad but is different. He rented it out to a guy that tried to run it like a hydro Axe and had the tranny out of in less then a month.  ;) Just my .02 cents hope it helps   

smwwoody

Not enough hyd flow to run a saw. I have a 5005 that was converted from a shear to a saw and it took a few new pumps. Not sure if that 353 has enough hp for a saw. Ours has a 6bt
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!