iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

End of the day

Started by David-L, January 13, 2015, 05:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Never got above 8 degrees here today. The end of the day was rewarding with some big Pine on the landing and no equipment issues. 45 minutes of block heater while chopping and the old Detroit fired right up. No either needed. Love jobs like this, the timber adds up quick. Be safe and stay warm.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

loggah

Nice pine ! tomorrow is supposed to be colder ;) you probably didn't have many limbs left on them when they hit the ground ! ;D i got to pull a fuel injection unit off a 5.7 vortex engine in the scrapyard tomorrow,i think i will have cold fingers.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

David-L

I am in favor of self limbing all the time. This client has huge timber on 200 acres that needs to  be cut. She is liking the paychecks and it could be a win win for her and I in the future. She has resisted for quite some time but things could be changing.

Stephen Alford

Nice pine indeed, ditto on the block heater and chopping.   Love the jingle-jangle of the chains and bells    :)

logon

David-L

Stuff is getting good and frozen as you said Loggah.

David-L

Only problem with nice pine is there no firewood to be had on this job. Next ones Oak saw logs and 100 cords. Planning that for February. Hope it gets as cold (admin edit) for the rest of the winter. I be happy for a long winter at this point after a dismal December.

coxy

what size dolmar is that    and how do you like it

David-L

coxy, thats a 6400 dolmar body with a 7900 oem jug and piston in it. Thing screams with a 18" bar and 73/68 3/8's skip tooth chain. Excellent saw imo. I am on my second one. well balanced with the 18" for limbing also. I am using a Jonsered 2172 with a 24" bar and a 73/84 3/8's skip tooth on that and it handles the big stuff on the landing fine. I love that Dolmar, starts easy and has all the power I need. The Johnny holds it's own with a 24"

Maine logger88

Looks good! Nice looking pine! I can't wait till I get on a pine lot again
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Holmes

Nice logs. Are you working around the Quabbin?
Think like a farmer.

timberlinetree

Nothing better than a good day at work although" a bad day at fishing is still better than a good day at work" ;D. Nice job! Our logs have been icy out here causing them to slip the choker/grapple. We almost cooked our generator warming up the forwarder. Brooke and I made a box to keep it dry while running in snow. Went out and wasn't running and that gas was boiling. Got to hot in there.we are cutting small stuff but it all adds up at the end of the day.

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

loggah

I never logged on flat ground ;D i envy you guys ;D i used to use Dolmar 120's  they were a good tough saw a bit heavy. I still got a beast of a Dolmar 166,118 cc  24" 404 bar  in my collection.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

coxy

I had a 120 dolmar not bad   but would not out cut the 288 husky  ;D and ya flat ground what is that  :D

David-L

Holmes, yes its' close to the Resivoir . With that said all my jobs in town are. Small private landowners usually. This one has very nice timber. Wish the Pine prices were better though. Even the good stuff IMO should be worth more than the mill is giving. Loggah, the First pic is me on a hill with a biggun for the 225. yes we do have hills here in Central, Mass. Thats why I own a Jack.

so il logger

I have a 225 tj as well. Tough Tough machines. just insert ear plugs and put your foot down on throttle.  ;D

Dave Shepard

Nice looking pine!

timberlinetree, I'd rather work than fish.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

Sorry Dave, but that's just not right  :)

Dave Shepard

I've only gone fishing twice in my life, and that was about ten times too many. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Grandpa Bob said he "Liked to fish when he was catching fish".  I subscribe to that theory now too.  I liked to fish when I was a kid but was expected to by my father and other grandfather and it sort of ruined me on it  :(  Now if I'm catching fish I like to fish and I make sure to take my sons fishing and enjoy that.  If it wasn't for them I'd rather work than fish too  ;D  I'm a catch and release guy.  I don't like cleaning fish at all.  I'll dress deer, birds etc but I don't like dealing with fish.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberlinetree

Sorry if I offended any body or hit a soft spot! Just herd that saying a long time ago.
Those are some nice logs, does seem like pine should pay more.it is nice when the end of the day comes and you can look at all the work done. And if nothing breaks all the better. It is nice to see others piles of wood no matter how big or small. Dave l that skidder must be running good, I can hear you across the valley out here on the eastern slopes ( jk) :D :D. Thanks for posting!

This is the last of our seasoned wood leaving today , then it's chipwood and tielogs and a few sawlogs.take care,work safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!