iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My piece of Orange.

Started by JB Griffin, January 13, 2015, 11:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

These were taken before I brought it home, It's in the hay shed now all packed up which don't make for good pics. ;D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Dave Shepard

You're going to need a taller chair to go with the remote operators station. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Awesome! Congrats on the new mill!  Glad I'm not the only 24y.o. in America with a portable sawmill.
Boy, back in my day..

thechknhwk

Some of us just didn't know we wanted one at 24 ;D

Magicman

Thanks for the pictures.  Is there something whacked about the loader or is it just covered with leaves?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JB Griffin

Magic it just covered with leaves.
4x4 I've wanted one since my neighbor bought his Lt28 new in '09, so far this is my second mill.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Finn1903

nice old mill.  go through the maintenance and wipe it down with hydraulic fluid and you'll be all set.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: thechknhwk on January 13, 2015, 01:23:00 PM

I knew I wanted one before 24,  it just took much longer to actually get one. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

landscraper

My 14yo son runs my mill, says he wants one of his own when he gets older.  Here's a pic from a year or two ago when he was 12 or 13 running my LT30 cutting Virginia Pine.  Now that we have simple set on the LT35 he can crank out the lumber without having to look at that 1/4 scale on the mast!

Not to hijack the thread, so Congrats! on the new mill, I see mountains of sawdust in your future.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

gimpy

Then again, some of us realize chainsaws were not widely used to cut trees down except by professionals when we were 24. There was no such thing as a portable mill when we were 24.

When I was in my mid to late teens on vacations with my family, we stopped at lumber mills for tours.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

4x4American

Quote from: gimpy on January 16, 2015, 12:25:04 AM

Then again, some of us realize chainsaws were not widely used to cut trees down except by professionals when we were 24. There was no such thing as a portable mill when we were 24.

When I was in my mid to late teens on vacations with my family, we stopped at lumber mills for tours.

I'm sure glad they had portable mills when I was 24!   ;D

I just did some math, and as it turns out I'm 23... J.B. man you're old!   :D
Boy, back in my day..

JB Griffin

I'll be 25 in a week, and feel older by a long shot. :D :D :D

redprospector

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 16, 2015, 08:24:22 PM

Haha. Isn't that funny, I'll be 55 in a few months and have trouble convincing myself that I'm not still 25.  :D Not that I can still do all the things I did at 25 as fast, but my brain don't know that.  8)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

4x4American

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 16, 2015, 08:24:22 PM

My paws maw told me in her old money Georgia accent: "When I turned 25, my good friend took my by the arm and said, 'Peg, you're now a quarter of a century old,' and honey I have never looked back!"  She's 95 now and still sharp as a tack.
Boy, back in my day..

JB Griffin

Well I've had the Lt40 for a week now and so far have had to replace the band wheel belts and guide wheel bearings, and now the mosfet board is dying, needless to say I ain't got much done yet. Oh Well, might as well fix it now instead of in the middle of a job. :D

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 19, 2015, 05:56:12 PM
Well I've had the Lt40 for a week now and so far have had to replace the band wheel belts and guide wheel bearings, and now the mosfet board is dying, needless to say I ain't got much done yet. Oh Well, might as well fix it now instead of in the middle of a job. :D
LT40??  Don't you have the one and only LT49  ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

JB Griffin

Well Ga. when I upgrade the hoses and put on another pump and a chain turner, It'll almost be a 50, so :D :D :D

I never even noticed. ;D

JB Griffin

samandothers

Landscaper
He does not need his own mill.  He is thinking I'll wait til pop is old and tired of this or you can't run it any more and he'll get one for free!

JB
Just think how good you will know that mill by the time you finish all the work!
;D

Nomad

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 19, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

Belts and those bearings are common replacements.  Once their done it won't be a problem for awhile.  The board is another matter...   :'(
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

JB Griffin

Yup, the mosfet was $102 shipped, oh well, maybe I'll be good to go now.

scully

The Kabota 40 is hands down my favorite of the 40's not that any were bad IMHO ! I know I love mine ! I will be upgradeing to the new set works soon . then it will be " The perfect mill "
I bleed orange  .

JB Griffin

Scully, I'm thinking about upgrading but the $2600 price tag has got me scared off for now.

Magicman

Yup, I am completely satisfied with my old "Setworks".  Matter of fact the new encoder came while I on the road.  I'll put it on tomorrow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JB Griffin

Magic, does your mill have the old simpleset w/ 4 presets?

Thank You Sponsors!