iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot #20

Started by mesquite buckeye, January 12, 2015, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

mesquite buckeye

Sadly, you have been captured by my little trap. ;D

Also, quite sadly, it is not that. dadgum you, Charlie!

This is not going to be one of my only one tree grows on the north slope of one mountain in Tajikismania quizzes. Enjoy. I will be out at the saguaros until Tuesday night. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ADJR

WDH

Ring porous hardwood.  Could be mulberry, osage orange or could be black locust  or honeylocust.  Are the pores clogged with tyloses?  That is the case with osage orange and black locust.  Not so with mulberry and honeylocust.

What about the tyloses?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wetdog

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: WDH on January 12, 2015, 03:46:39 PM
Ring porous hardwood.  Could be mulberry, osage orange or could be black locust  or honeylocust.  Are the pores clogged with tyloses?  That is the case with osage orange and black locust.  Not so with mulberry and honeylocust.

What about the tyloses?

Patience, my friend. I will post more photos soon. ;D

Quote from: wetdog on January 13, 2015, 09:51:57 PM
Red Oak

Not that. ;D taz-smiley

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

mesquite buckeye

Texas Ranger

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

mesquite buckeye

I'm thinking this dog has caught the scent. ;D :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Texas Ranger

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 14, 2015, 11:57:25 AM
honey locust

Aaarrrggghhh!!!!!

Ya got me, pardner. smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

We have a winner. smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_clapping

WDH

mesquite buckeye

:-[

I will have to get that board out and end grain it. :(

Thanks for the reminder. :-\ :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

There ya go. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Sorry it is so ugly, I left my microtome at the university. Them locusts are DanG hard. :(

There is a pretty clean cut near the center bottom. :snowball:

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

mesquite buckeye

Thank You Sponsors!