iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Air lift axle help

Started by Firewoodjoe, January 10, 2015, 06:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

My one lift axle has been working when it wants. It's not iced up. If you run it up and down and up and down time and time again it always works and fast. But if you put it down as if your driving for an hour it will not lift. It blows off the down bags but dose not fill the up bags. Now I have three valves on the axle. A service valve, quick release and a third that has two 3/8" lines from each side and a tee with two 1/4" lines. There is a 3/8" line that runs from the "mystery" valve to the quick release. Any ideas. I know it's a lot😁

Gary_C

I have to look hard at the valves on my lift axle before I can figure out how it all works. I had a problem with mine working very slow and I found the mud daubers had got to the exhaust port.

Doubt that is the problem now, but most likely you have some moisture in the system that freezes when you go down the road. Best solution is to dump some brake line antifreeze right in the supply line to that axle. But be aware if you do that, next time you have problems, don't use a torch to unfreeze the valves. I heard about a guy that made that mistake and the valve exploded in his face.

Use your wife's hair dryer if she will let you borrow it. I bought my own since she was so fussy with hers.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Firewoodjoe

I had th ready heater on it for three hours this morning I'm sure it's not froze. And I mean I drop the axle pressured up in the drive way. Not driving. For an hour and it will not lift. Crack a line it will lift. Then you can lift it many times unless u let it down for an hour. Then it won't lift again.

Firewoodjoe

I think a valve is sticking. I'm thinking quick release valve. But I wish I new what the other is. Pilot valve?

ga jones

All three of those valves are plumbed to the bags?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

smwwoody

The third valve may be to disable the brakes on the lift axle when it is up.  what make and model is it?
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Firewoodjoe

I think I got it. I hope. I changed the third mystery valve. It must be a combination of a quick release and a control. Because the one I thought was a quick release was just gutted. Used for a tee! I guess I'll find a lot of stuff from the previouse owner. I'm just happy it's working. Thank you for your help.

snowstorm

a quick release will be open on the bottom it has one diaphragm in it. usually plastic or rubber

Thank You Sponsors!