iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mahindra Tractor

Started by wiam, August 18, 2004, 08:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

Does anybody have any info or experience with them?  I am looking at a 6500 4WD.   www.mahindrausa.com  

Will

ScottAR

www.tractorbynet.com/

Mahindra owners have their own forum over there...  HTH
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

wiam

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

DanG

Will, I ain't gonna tell ya what to do. I'll just tell you my experience with off-brand tractors. It sucked!  I have an IMT, which officially stands for, "Improved Massey Tractor". It looks like a Massey-Ferguson, but NO parts interchange.  I have concluded that IMT really means, Ignorant Man's Tractor."  That's the only guy that would buy one. I'll never buy another "third world" tractor!!  >:(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ScottAR

Mahindra seems to be a little different than IMT so far...  

Mahindra seems to be in it for the long haul as all Mahindra dealers are required to stock parts as well as tractors...  

The company is based in India.  Got it's start after the IH breakup in the 80's.  They make the 350 series (the square hood ones) there in an ex IH plant...  The newer "00" and "20" series are made in korea I believe...  

We'll see I guess...  :P
Scott
[Magicman]

DanG

I have nothing against Mahindra, and know little about them, but I am now extremely wary of expensive equipment that is not backed by companies with roots in the major "stable" nations. IMT was made in Yugoslavia, which doesn't even exist any more. It matters not what the original dealer requirements were, as the manufacturer no longer exists to enforce, or supply those requirements. The IMT is not only plagued by a lack of resupply capability, but they were made of inferior materials, and even those were skimped. The gear case castings are only half as thick as the comparably rated Massey Ferguson.
You gotta ask yourself if you really trust a country that still has a caste system to still be around 10 or 15 years from now, to supply the parts you need to keep your tractor running.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

leweee

DanG
I'm with you on this one.
Back  when I was farmen I had a weak moment and bought a Belarus 520 ((&*^%&$#)Russian(()&*%$#@)Tractor, It leaked oil everywhere.It had a big wide bench seat (so you could take your mechnic with you)The voltage regulator would stick, over charging the battery under the seat which would over flow. battery acid everywhere.The external hydralic lines were soldered copper(looked like a plumbers nightmare with vodka added)It leaked too..The only positive thing about that tractor is that someone else owns it now. . ;D

P.S.everything on that tractor looked like it was left over from WWII
       NEEYET.... NEEYET  SOLVEET 8) 8) 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Coot

if your goin to get a tractor get one thats gona last , like a john deere , but when we had our farm the guys that rented a parcel of our land used ford 7010s and they seemed to be alright o belive they where 100hp or so

Weekend_Sawyer

Case IH is bringing back the Farmall line, 18 55 Hp.

http://www.caseih.com/products/series.asp?Reg=NA&RL=ENNA&id=2482&mod=tru

I don't know much about them as my newest Farmall is a 1950!

Anyone have any expirence with them?
WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

ScottAR

The new Case compacts are a near exact copy of the new holland "boomers" made by shinbura (sp?) of japan...  The only differences besides paint and sheet metal is the lack of "supersteer" steering system on the Case.  
 I've not heard of too many that missed that option that test drove both.  The Case sheet metal looks a lot nicer to me...

Scott
[Magicman]

Dom

I know in my area Kioti tractors are starting to get popular. They are made in Korea, and seem to work well. They are available with skidplates and whatnot for working in wooded areas. Might be worth a look. :)

leweee,

My father had a belarus 825, it had good pulling and PTO power, when it worked!  :D The front wheel bearings would seize spontanously, and the tranny would get all mixed up. you had to lift the cabin and pry on the shifter forks to get everything lined up again.   ::) We got the alternator rebuilt once, and found a Russian cigarette butt stuffed inside.  :D

Tillaway

QuoteThe new Case compacts are a near exact copy of the new holland "boomers" made by shinbura (sp?) of japan...  The only differences besides paint and sheet metal is the lack of "supersteer" steering system on the Case.  
 I've not heard of too many that missed that option that test drove both.  The Case sheet metal looks a lot nicer to me...

New Holland bought Case, Fiat-Allis, and the Ford tractor line.  Evidently with the addition of Case they are the third largest construction equipment company in the World.  Behind only Cat and Komatsu the last I heard.

I have / had, its for sale, Ford 1710.  Its a Shibaru made tractor of 1984 vintage.  No problem getting parts for it since all the New Holland dealers support them.  It doesn't surprise me that they are selling them under the Case name.

The New Hollands are real popular out here.  Not quite as popular as the John Deere but pretty close.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

ksu_chainsaw

Im with u on this one DanG.  We have an IMT also, and it is the biggest POS that we have.  The hydraulic fittings are all metric, and do not work with U.S. couplers.  The loader frame was tweaked when we got it, and has stayed that way since.  The starter went out, and it took several days of machining to make one that would fit it correctly, and it still doesnt work all the time.  The transmission pops out of gear after a few minutes also.  If you want a foreign tractor, make sure that you will be able to get parts for it in the future.  Although the farmall line was discontinued, the parts are still available, and the tractors are still running strong.

Just my two cents

Charles

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Charles this ones for you ;)love my H 8)

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

wiam

Mahindra has two assembly plants in the USA.  The company is based in India.  They have built tractors for others for quite a while (Massey,Cub Cadet).  The tractors look well built.  I dug on tractorbynet's Mahindra forum and have not found much bad said about them.

Will

ps  I read that they are the 3rd largest tractor manufacturer in the world.

ScottAR

Fiat owns New holland, Case, Kobelco, Steyr, and a few others...  Type in CNH global in a search engine and you can see their empire...  HTH
Scott
[Magicman]

arj

My sons sell Mahindra tractors. Their selling like hot cakes,there a real nice well built machine, comparable to JD, Massey, IH, or New Holland.I know you have a dealer in VT. My sons are in CT. Mahindrasales@aol.com  I think you will like what you see
                                     arj

wiam

6500  4WD  with FEL  Skidsteer type bucket quick connect with a set of forks.   Rear tires loaded with Rimgaurd. Had it for a month and turned 70 hrs this morning.  Seems to work well.

Will

ScottAR

Congrats!!  Gotta watch those kioti boys over there...  They get downright offended if you buy anything else...  
I dunno why...
Scott
[Magicman]

redpowerd

i see the smaller mccormick tractors (under 100hp) are allmost exactly the same as the 44 to 84 series ih made in the 70s and 80s and later the 4200 series made by cih in the 90s. i think the only difference is the perkins diesel  ::)
i think cnh sold that landcaster, england plant after the merger.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

ScottAR

I agree...  Fiat just put a pretty face on an older design...  
Scott
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!