iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started a good job today NEW PICS

Started by yarnammurt, January 08, 2015, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

Got the call last week about this one. He has 43 trees in all and they all go. We are getting 4 12's and a 8' out of them. The pics are of two trees.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

clww

Looks like some really nice saw logs.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

terrifictimbersllc

Those are really nice logs.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yarnammurt

ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

jmouton

thats a nice wack-o-logs ,,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Privacyleech

yarnammurt

That load scaled out at 1211bf not bad. Will have 4-5 more loads to day.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Pretty big stuff, unusual looking pine for the south?  some kind of northern species? bark looks like it, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Andries

Quote from: WDH on January 09, 2015, 07:37:50 AM
Is that spruce pine?
I've got spruce....
I've got pine . . .
. . . but haven't heard of both in one log.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

Not trying to smart - that's just a new one for me.
I consider WDH one of the Wood ID Experts on the Forum - darn near CSI worthy!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

drobertson

Agree with the CSI on that one!  its the whitish colors on the bark that are throwing me, and the relative thinness of the bark,  If indeed it's SYP. I have to bet it is a tight growth growing lot.  Just not much of a colored heart from viewing the photos.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Andries
Your lucky day.

Pinus glabra..  spruce pine  .......  Hmmm. Is this a new way to link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_glabra
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yarnammurt

Got some more done today. So far we have 91 logs most are 16'. 

yarnammurt

The big stack up beside the tree is over 7' tall. We are only going down to a 12" top. A lot of them are 24" or bigger. And Yes It is SYP. I counted rings and the youngest one is 56yo and one was 72yo.

yarnammurt

The second  load scaled at 1745bf 8)

WDH

Yarn,

Very nice logs.  I cut some nice ones too, today.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Oh yea! looking like SYP for sure now!  go figure the pictures aye?    let us know how it goes now,,  happy for you, nice stack of work for sure,

Delawhere Jack

Sure wish my clients had logs that nice....... ::)

Congrats Yarn, those logs should make for some really good milling!

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on January 09, 2015, 08:22:52 PM
Sure wish my clients had logs that nice....... ::)

Congrats Yarn, those logs should make for some really good milling!

Nice batch of logs  8)
Quality logs make quality lumber.
Always nice to pull up and find a whack of logs like yours to mill ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Nomad

Them logs look a lot nicer than the zillion ratty, dirty little poles I'm working on right now! ::)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Peter Drouin

Nice logs like that are a dream to cut. 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

yarnammurt

Ok so it looks like most of it is going to be 8x8's and 2x lumber. cutting a timber log home kit. 8x8 walls and 2x decking, should go good. I still have 60+ logs to get and bring to the house. It will put it over 150 logs. I will get more pics this week of the stack. When you stack 24-30" logs you make a mountain of wood.

Thank You Sponsors!