iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648G3 rotatator motor

Started by CX3, January 08, 2015, 04:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

Hey guys haven't been on in a while.  We've been moving the wood!

Anyway the grapple on the ol girl won't rotate one direction.  It works as it should one way, but won't turn the other way.  No leaks or anything, I believe it is in the grapple joystick or a bad servo motor, or whatever those little electric/hydraulic things are under the joystick area. 

I would appreciate a starting place and maybe what to look for.  Thanks. 

2002 648G3 single arch
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

3rdgenlogger

My 548 did the same thing. My problem was the switch on top of the joystick. You can pop the top off the joystick and use a short jumper wire to bypass the switch to check it. 

lumbertick

We had the same problem.. Ours was in the joystick also

tj240

sounds like the switch in the joy stick like the others saic. it is easy to change but getting the wires thru the stick can be a problem with rust and whatever else gets in there. used to run a 648E and had the problem. the wires are to small and break easy. if your grapple is continuies spin just run it if not nortax has the harness
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

kiko

The grapple rotate control is located under the hydraulic tank, it is identifiable by the blue magnetic coils on each end make sure both plugs are hooked up you can then check for power at those plugs. If both plugs have power when activating the switch you should now check for ground at each plug. 

CX3

It is continuous rotate.  Weve been running it waiting on the sun to shine so we can work in the warm if possible. 

Thanks for the replies, I will check it out. 
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!