iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidboot

Started by pappy19, January 07, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Not sure where to post this so please move if needed. If you have never heard of, or seen Skidboot, you are in for a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BfzUIBy9A
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

tmarch

Great video, thanks for posting.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

thecfarm

I like the dog's owner too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

That's an amazing dog and owner, thanks for sharing that.

drobertson

thanks for posting this great story, I remember when this team won that first contest, and forgetting his story is all but impossible.
Special dogs, or animals as far as that goes and their owner, trainers come around just once in a great while, this is one that will be remembered and loved for years to come..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ron Scott

~Ron

WmFritz

Special pet for a special man.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

That is a wonderful story about a matched pair.  Thanks.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

I had a great dog like that back in 82 to 94.  She was a Border Collie / Queensland mix that we got as a 8-week-old pup.  She worked horses for us (would go round-them-up) on command.  She knew all the normal tricks (sit, down, roll over, speak, whisper, shake, chase her tail) but would also crawl and "touch" her toys.  One day she sort of folded her ears so they stuck up like little horns.  We reinforced that and called her "devil dog" and she would do that on command.  She had about 10 different toys that she knew by name and would search out whatever one you told her to get.  Though I'm sure she didn't know color, she would retrieve the blue (small) or red (large) ring as requested.  She went blind in her last couple of years but still would fetch.  I realized she was blind when she was chasing a ball that went under a rail fence.  She ran right into the cross board because she was following the sound.  It amazed me that either she went totally blind real quick or she hid it so well we never knew.  She continued to play fetch as long as I threw something that made noise for her to follow.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rooster 58

I have my own Skidboot. Griz is a joy to me. He pesters me and everyone that comes to the mill to throw his ball for him. He is always with me.  People love him. I don't know what I would do without Griz ;)

Chuck White

Quote from: WmFritz on January 11, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
Special pet for a special man.

Also: Special man for a special pet!

Great video.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hacknchop

Really made my day thanks
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!