iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody like to drive fast?

Started by WmFritz, January 06, 2015, 10:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WmFritz

Here is something for you to drool over. The speedometer they show in the film does not register anything below 40mph.  I guess that should give us a clue.

At 1244 hp it is more powerful than the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Here's A Fun Couple of Minutes for You.  Fasten your seat belt!

When you drive a Chevrolet Corvette powered Hennessey Venom GT you don't shift into fourth gear until 160 MPH!  The top speed is incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWAavCjVQvM?feature=player_detailpage
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

loggah

I had a 62 chevy impala SS with a 409 ,wide ratio transmission ,3.07 rears . It had a 160 mph spedo. when i was working on the interstate and it was freshly paved,not open to traffic,i had it up to 155 mph. The front end got pretty lite in that big car pretty fast !!!!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

JohnG28

Mmmm, I want one.  And a landing strip to drive it on!  8)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm switching to Pennzoil tomorrow in my backhoe.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

I can't imagine going that fast in anything with wheels. If I didn't have to stop at customs I could be in Seattle in less than a 1/2 hour.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

yea that's fast!,  once road in an 85' Porsche,  on a wet curvy Carolina road,  90 mph in third, never got out of third, and honestly glad of it.
Been faster a few times in the quarter mile, but not on a road way! at night.  I will say, that would be fun,, that rig was made for it, not much to worry about there,,  good vid..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JohnG28

This one is pretty nuts too.  ~190 MPH on public roads with traffic!  I like the copilot too.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9y-4V97Tbo
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

WmFritz

That Lambo engine turns some rpms!

I have a 9 year old GS that has some kind of obsession with Bugatti's. I don't know where it comes from, he knows HP, top speed, sticker prices and stuff like that. We've had this deal for that last year or so where every so often he'll ask me what kind of car I would buy if money was no object. I always say a Zr-1 Corvette or a new Stingray. He come back with why not a Bugatti? Because Vettes are better, I tease him.

Last Fall I took him down to Detroit one Sunday afternoon and showed him where the Red Wings play,  Lions play and across the street, where the Tiger's play. As we drove around Comerica Park, a Lamborghini was pulling out of a parking garage that the players use. He got a good look at the driver and he swore it was Justin Verlander. I didn't see the driver, but he was positive. For the rest of the ride through the Detroit suburbs, every high end sports car we saw, I'd make up who owned it.
"See that black Ferrari?" 
"Yea"
"That's Matthew Stafford"
"Really?"
"Yup. See that red Porsche?"
"Yea"
" Miguel Cabrera".  ;D

That kids eyes were as big as saucers all afternoon. Oh yeah, I pointed out a car being broken into by two guys downtown too.

He hasn't been over to show him these video's yet. I can't wait.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Warped

Here Fritz, show him this......warning turn down the volume, they use the ess word at the end. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

WmFritz

Ha... that's a good one Warped.

Now I can add that Bugatti's don't steer to well too my Grandson's list.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

JohnG28

Yeah, I think those Bugatti's go for around $1.5-1.7M! Not even if I won the lotto.  :D Makes you wonder what might have been going on inside such an expensive ride to cause one to drive it into that bay...   ??? :D :D

Ianab

The Bugatti guy got done for insurance fraud.  He didn't know he was being filmed and said he swerved to avoid a bunch of geese or some story like that

Then the video went viral, the insurance co saw it, and there where no geese involved.  :D

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1029628_man-who-crashed-bugatti-veyron-into-a-lake-pleads-guilty-to-wire-fraud

He had also bought the car for $1m, and insured it for $2.2 million which probably raised a red flag as well.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

JB Griffin

The driver had the motor wound so tight in 1st and 2nd that it sounded like the valves were just about to float.
Amazing just amazing, and that is coming from a guy whose blood runs Ford blue.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

OneWithWood

Some years ago I rebuilt a 1984 Jaguar XJ-S with a 12cyl engine.  We cruised across the top of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona with the cruise set at 110mph.  The engine was hardly working.  The only thing is that after an hour or so at that speed when you stop your brain is still going 110 and it takes a while to orient.   :D  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Warped

Quote from: OneWithWood on January 08, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
Some years ago I rebuilt a 1984 Jaguar XJ-S with a 12cyl engine.  We cruised across the top of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona with the cruise set at 110mph.  The engine was hardly working.  The only thing is that after an hour or so at that speed when you stop your brain is still going 110 and it takes a while to orient.   :D  ;D
And just remember, the engines under the bonnet just before the windscreen, and the spare is in the boot.
My buddy had an '83 xj-s, watching him contend with that manual was comedy gold!
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Raider Bill

I appraised a Bugatti a couple years ago for 1.5mil. Feds snatched it from a pill mill owner along with about 50 other holy crap cars.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

Quote from: Warped on January 08, 2015, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: OneWithWood on January 08, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
And just remember, the engines under the bonnet just before the windscreen, and the spare is in the boot.
My buddy had an '83 xj-s, watching him contend with that manual was comedy gold!
My Austin saloon (sedan)manual talked about driving with the hood up, how in the heck did those Limeys do that? I finally figured out it was referring to the convertible top. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

JohnG28

I just read about this crazy machine in the latest Car & Driver. $2.5M. Sounds absolutely insane!

http://www.koenigsegg.com/models/one1/

The numbers are all in metric but I believe it was 1300 some odd HP on E85, over 1200 on pump gas. Tops out at 273 and hits 250 in 20 sec.  8)

Ianab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmwuKu0ujAY

Home built by a 21 year old in his Dad's shed  8)

Not as fast as those supercars, but would beat most of them off the line, and can get to ~120 mph in around 7 seconds. And totally waste them on the gravel  ;) It's all road legal as well.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WmFritz

Very nice piece of driving.
Even with the steering wheel on the wrong side.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

WmFritz

JohnG, when do you take delivery?

That thing looks like it's out of a Sci-Fi movie.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

clww

Too fast for me on the ground. If I'm going that speed, it needs wings.
Fastest I ever went was 154 mph in a 1984 Crown Vic ex-police car I owned once.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ianab

Yeah, we don't have the roads or even the race tracks for that sort of speed, even if it was legal. The State Highway heading East from here has some corners with 10mph advisory signs.  :D Maybe you can push it and take them at 15...

That's why the smaller high acceleration and better handling cars are more popular here. Doing 100+ mph on a winding gravel road gets pretty exciting  ;)

This is actually the county road I grew up on, closed for a local car club sprint in this case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82usDVHqlBE

If you can hit 100 mph on any part of that road, good luck to you.  :D Sticking to the road like glue and acceleration out of the corners is what matters.

JohnG28

Quote from: WmFritz on January 09, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
JohnG, when do you take delivery?

That thing looks like it's out of a Sci-Fi movie.

:D :D Well according to Car & Driver only 1 of the 7 being built is coming to the US, and only as a show and display use or something to that effect. The article scared me a little too anyway!  :D

Ian, rally cars do have a niche here. A guy who works for me does some rally racing in NY,  him and some buddies built a Mitsubishi Evo up pretty nice. Nothing professional but still cool.

Just Me

I have broken 63 bones in various misadventures, ya, I like to go fast. Its an addiction. I've calmed down now but my brother still has it bad. Here's his rig  http://www.edgertonmotorsports.com/#!

If I had all the money I wasted on going fast I would not still be working. Come to think of three ex's cost me more........

I'll get rid of them and still go fast. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!