iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill shed

Started by stumpy, August 17, 2004, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I'm looking to build a medium size combination sawmill shed and lumber storage shed. I'm thinking of doing sort of a shed roof design. I saw pictures of someones in the forum, but I'll be da@#ed if I can find them. Any input would be appreciated.

PICTURES WOULD BE GREAT!!!
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

WoodChucker

Stumpy, I built a saw mill shed with a shed type roof, you can see it on my web page. Just click on the little icon that looks like a house on the lower left corner of my post. Then click on the saw mill page when you get to my web site. Make it at least twice the size you think you need and it will still be to small.  ;D

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Gilman

Woodchuck, sorry for being off topic but I was wondering what you think of your Delta VS drill press.  Do you think it would hold up okay in a production shop?

Also, your shop is waaaaaay too neat and clean.  Turn off that dust collector and then post some photos.  We don't know what we're looking at unless there is a layer of dust on it.  That shine gets the eyes all squinty and confused.

I like your idea for the random orbit sander velcro backed disks.  Great idea there.  
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

WoodChucker

Gilman, I've only had the DP for a short time so I don't want to give you bad advice. It seems to work great for me, but I really don't know if it would hold up in a production shop or not. I've heard there were problems with bench type VS when it first came out, but even that was taken care of from what I've heard.

It took me a week to clean up my shop so that I could take some pics. Trust me, it doesn't always look that good.  ;D

Yep, I love that little sand paper thing too, I got the plan from one of the woodworking magazines. It's a real time saver and gets the disk on right the first time.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Paschale

Hmm...I'm going a little off topic too--I checked out your shop too, Woodchucker.  Very impressive place!   8)

Wondering what you think of your Biesemeyer Blade Guard?  I'm debating about buying an aftermarket blade guard for my PM.  I'm sure you looked long and hard at the other ones too, like Excalibur.  What sold you on the Biesmeyer and are you happy with it?

Thanks!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

WoodChucker

It works pretty good, I don't think any of them are going to catch everything, but it makes a big difference. I went by the name when I bought mine, it cost more then some of the others and I don't really know that it's any better either. But if there's ever a problem it's nice to know they have great customer service and will take care of you. Did you check to see if PM makes one? Seems like they should and that way it should bolt right up without to many modifications to your saw. And PM has great CS also. Good luck!

R.T.

Hokiemill

Woodchucker

PSI has an overarm blade guard on sale right now for $149.  I don't have one so I can't speak to its quality, but the price is a ton less than the others.

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=E-10174C&Category_Code=

Fine Woodworking did a review of several guards, but the PSI wasn't included.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00130.asp

However, the Exactor looks exactly like the PSI and is probably made in the same factory with a different color paint.

WoodChucker

As long as it works I don't how you could go wrong for 150 bucks. If I didn't already have one I might have tried it.

R.T.

Hokiemill

Sorry Woodchucker - that was obviously meant for Paschale.  I'm an idiot.

Thank You Sponsors!