iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 132

Started by kiko, January 05, 2015, 11:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

Found a franklin 132 over in the bushes today. It was originally a cable skidder but has an add esco grapple. Owner says it was running when he parked it.  He has the intake and exhaust capped up. It will need going through.  I would love to make this jewel live again.  Any idea of value and parts availability ? Thanks

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

David-L

There are still alot of those running in small lots up here in the Northeast. My buddy who has a cordwood business loves his as it is very stable on hillsides. His is a cable. Maybe 3 to 5k depending on condition, is the motor stuck. love finding stuff in the bush, good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

treeslayer2003

we had one, an xl with the little axles. guy who buaght it busted the back axle and i herd parts for that axle were not available and that he finely put different axles in it.

smwwoody

Most parts are normal off the shelf parts. Other than axles tranny and winch. Aftermarket parts has most of them covered
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

kiko

Getting pics is no problem,  internet fast enough to post them is, but i will try.  i am only familiar with modern logging equipment this would be a project personal interest machine. It has been sitting for quite some time so it will require a lot of work and tires, 23.1 ones i believe.  i own a Cat 525b but just don,t want that beast stomping through my hardwoods.  i think this machine would be perfect for salvaging individual blowdowns and such.  i am a sucker for old machines, but understand that i could never get my money back after restoration, been there learned that, but its just monopoly money anyway . The owner says it has the big axels but i dont know how to tell.  Also does anyone have an idea about what this machine weighs ? i can buy it for current scrap price, I am guessing it weighs 12k.  Thanks

thecfarm

I use to up load pictures on dail up on here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lumberjohn

I love that skidder Lynde. Mine looks similar but yours looks better.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: kiko on January 06, 2015, 05:37:22 PM
Getting pics is no problem,  internet fast enough to post them is, but i will try.  i am only familiar with modern logging equipment this would be a project personal interest machine. It has been sitting for quite some time so it will require a lot of work and tires, 23.1 ones i believe.  i own a Cat 525b but just don,t want that beast stomping through my hardwoods.  i think this machine would be perfect for salvaging individual blowdowns and such.  i am a sucker for old machines, but understand that i could never get my money back after restoration, been there learned that, but its just monopoly money anyway . The owner says it has the big axels but i dont know how to tell.  Also does anyone have an idea about what this machine weighs ? i can buy it for current scrap price, I am guessing it weighs 12k.  Thanks
only 6 tons? i bet more like 8

lynde37avery

Ah thank you lumberjohn. I keep it going nicely.
Detroit WHAT?

bushmechanic

I'm guessing it has a 353 Detroit Diesel in it? Some pis of the planetary ends will give us an idea of what axles are in it. I have a feeling if it has the 23.1/26 tires then the axles are not the small ones. Have you seen any pics of Tantoy's restoration... very nice.

kiko

I have seen Tantoy,s restoration pics ; I agree.  Maybe even motivational. 

lynde37avery

I'm thinking to do a motor and tranny rebuilds soon on my franklin.  I wonder if anyone here knows what the 353 detroit and 4 spd would cost to get rebuilt?
Detroit WHAT?

Ed_K

Give Roger Raymond a call he did my 4-53.
Ed K

lynde37avery

Where's he out of Ed k?
Detroit WHAT?

Ed_K

Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!