Why we're blue

Started by Tam-i-am, January 05, 2015, 10:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I'm sure you will be able to see them anywhere. ;)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on February 12, 2015, 03:44:23 PM
Tractors should be red, but I did take your advice and painted my choker chains blue. If the snow ever stops and I can get back to cutting I'll try them out!

I just noticed them chains.  They are the color of a very objectionable university football team about 35 miles north of here.  If you're going to paint them blue, please finish the job ;)

samandothers

I think the two orange cant hooks I have are pretty visible and work great!  Of course my LT35 is orange and did not keep me from hitting the log stop the other day.  :-\  Had to happen sometime.  Maybe I should paint it blue!

Lynn if you have not already replaced the pitcher and bowl at least you have a gift idea!

Magicman

Yup, I can give her a new Blue cant hook.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

When it starts getting dark, mine show up quite well.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Smart addition with the reflective tape!

I was not thinking of a new cant for Pat but rather a new pitcher and bowl set.  But you gift what you think best!

Magicman

I knew what your were thinking about but I will never bring it up and remind her.  Those items were very old and irreplaceable......but she still could replace me.   :o

Tam-i-am

when looking at all the pics, the first thing I see is blue but maybe I'm biased ;D 

Magicman - that reflective tape is a good idea!

Ocklawahaboy

Magicman, how many times did you have to drive away from a job right at dark, and forget something, to come up with the reflector tape? 

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on July 19, 2015, 09:38:03 AM
Magicman, how many times did you have to drive away from a job right at dark, and forget something, to come up with the reflector tape?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Magicman

Most all of my tools wear the reflective tape, and have for many years.   ;D

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Magicman on July 19, 2015, 03:46:04 PM
Most all of my tools wear the reflective tape, and have for many years.   ;D

Awesome idea!

As for my chains, the blue was great while it lasted which wasn't very long unfortunately! You can see just some of the remnants if you look close enough. Painting chains doesn't work so hot....  :(

Raider Bill

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on July 18, 2015, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on February 12, 2015, 03:44:23 PM
Tractors should be red, but I did take your advice and painted my choker chains blue. If the snow ever stops and I can get back to cutting I'll try them out!

I just noticed them chains.  They are the color of a very objectionable university football team about 35 miles north of here.  If you're going to paint them blue, please finish the job ;)

I thought the same thing.

I've been painting my property lines with blue paint. Seems to be working pretty good, sticks right out.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DeerMeadowFarm

Foresters in our area suggested painting the property lines with anything BUT blue. They use blue here to mark the trees that need to come down, not stay. Maybe different in your area?

Raider Bill

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on December 10, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
Foresters in our area suggested painting the property lines with anything BUT blue. They use blue here to mark the trees that need to come down, not stay. Maybe different in your area?

That's interesting. I have no idea guess I need to do some checking.

The forestry Co I bought the land from used red paint on trees and rocks to mark lines and orange metal rods for some corners. My plan has been to get my lines marked using T posts painted a blue very much like LogRites and then sliding PVC over the top also painted blue.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Well the loggers won't make the mistake that they can cut the blue "trees" more than once..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

4x4American

I always thought that the blue was because LogRite is based in CT and everybody knows CT's state color is blue  ;)

I thought that the blue paint for marking trees is pretty well standard across the nation...folks around here mark property lines with red, surveyors blaze trees with red too.
Boy, back in my day..

petefrom bearswamp

I used about 90 percent blue for marking timber/TSI and also property lines as the blue paint I sold would last in some cases 15 yrs on prop lines.
Unfortunately the company that now makes it want 25 bucks a gallon.
Never had a problem with cutters confusing properly marked timber trees with boundary 3 stripe marks.
My LR cant hook is orange, but stays at the mill and is always either hung up or leaning against one of the bldg posts.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland