iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My way for hauling logs

Started by alsayyed, January 05, 2015, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Hello everyone, sometimes carrying a piece of log can big problem, since do not have any machine like forklift or small crane. For this piece at least I need 6 people to carry the log and placed it on the saw mill bed. So I have done this hoist and it is working very well no more to much efforts to be done in order to push this log, this can be pushed by one person. And it will take up to 2 tons. So hopefully you sawyers enjoyed this video.

http://youtu.be/RTCoqNjUoqk

Jeff

Nice work alsayyed.

Did deleting your forum bookmark cure your posting problem?

I see the logrite Canthook is still doing fine. ;)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,22569.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

alsayyed

Yes Jeff thank you for you advice, i have followed the instruction and worked fine. regarding logrite is working fine. people get surprise when they see this logrite turing the log, they get astonished i am happy with. In my next video I am thinking to place some modification i have made on the Norwood sawmill MX34 little changes but very helpful then you again and i thank everybody in the forum.

Stephen1

Great video alsayyad, thanks for sharing. Now you need bigger rubber wheels for that. Will you make something out of the wood, or do you sell the raw wood.
What kind of wood is the log
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

alsayyed

I do not sell the wood, but I make things, i will post few photo later to show you what i have done. the cracked ones i take them to camping so we can cook and grill fish, and make tea in big pot, i mean loose tea. i am gethering some photo which i am going to share it with other people in the forum, becuase i have asked several times.

drobertson

Your patience and perseverance is inspiring, taking nothing for granted is what I get from your posts,  thanks 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

backwoods sawyer

That looks a back saver although the gound is a little rough for the wheels.
Laying down a pair of long wide boards and nailing side boards on each side would give the wheels a track to roll on ;)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

That rigging is a nice tool and surely a back saver.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kderby

Alsayyed, Thank you for sharing the video.  My favorite thing about Forestry Forum is the worldwide collection of people that make sawdust!

I hope the milling goes well for you.

Kderby

kelLOGg

Alsayyed,
I like your cleverness and resourcefulness!
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Alsayyed,

Good video!  I like the music, too  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Quote from: WDH on January 05, 2015, 08:36:36 PM
Alsayyed,

Good video!  I like the music, too  ;D.

And I also!  Great idea.  I agree that larger tires would serve you well.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

78NHTFY

Ingenious solution!  Thanks for the video--what is the temperature in Qatar lately?  We have -1 ° F today.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

fishpharmer

Very clever!

Off topic, I am curious now about what type of fish you (catch?) eat in the desert? 

Quote from: alsayyed on January 05, 2015, 11:01:45 AM
... the cracked ones i take them to camping so we can cook and grill fish, ...

Thanks for sharing
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Qatar is close to being an island   about 60 miles long and 25 miles wide.  So fishing might be just a short drive away.   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jaygtree

i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!