iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pallet and Scragg Log prices

Started by craigc, January 03, 2015, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigc

Was interested in hearing what guys are getting for logs.  We sell logs by Doyle scale getting .30 to .35 cents.  Are scragg logs mostly sold by the ton?  Just wondering because there are scragg mills around here.   Thanks
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

CCC4

We sell by the ton and they bring 50 or $55 a ton

Call your buyer before you haul though...they have been getting picky here. We can't go below 14' long and the butt ends have to be under 17", small ends need to be a full 6". Be sure when cutting a fork off that you angle cut pretty far back. Be sure to ask about remaining wood after a fork, it all depends on how your buyer cuts to length...whether they peel the tree length first, or peel after they have been cut.

coxy

here in NY we was getting 54 a ton don't know what its up or down  to now  ;D i know it dosent do you any good in NY :)

craigc

Just read my post again.  It should have been that there are not any scraggs around here.  Had a guy call me saying he wanted to put one in.  He wanted to know what kind of price I need for logs.  Told him they have to be worth as much as a load of pallet logs.  He did not like that answer.   He wanted them cheap.  I was thinking in that $50-$55/ton range.  He was wanting to buy them on Doyle Scale.? :-\   
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

lumbertick

We get $110 a cord for scrag logs and $140 a cord for pallet logs

coxy

a little off post but what do you guys get for bf on a tri axel on doyle scale for logs 12-14inchs  the most i could ever get was 3-3500 max :-\ :o and that was all 12footers i was thinking i got the shaft

YoungStump

We buy scragg poles by the ton prices are around $55 a ton right now. Not sure how it would work trying to buy on the Doyle scale as we take logs 6" and up small end and 7'- 25' long, and can be somewhat crooked.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

Thank You Sponsors!