iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WOW!!! ...must see video!!!

Started by CCC4, January 03, 2015, 04:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

I know this has nothing to do with logging, but this video is absolutely amazing! I would bet that this guy is very few in the World that can say he has done this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BJnjpdY6I

CCC4

I would sure hate to blow a hose....omg :o

RunningRoot

Aaannnddd....
The dipper arm blows a hose and you hear in the paper....

Uncertified operator drops 8 story's and improper maintenance is to blame...

This is what I need... I could harvest timber going from tree to tree and never touch the ground....
Tracks look a little tight to me... 

Ccc4 beat me to it by seconds lol
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

coxy

WELL where is his hard hat  in case he falls  :D :-\

CCC4

And no safety glasses and ear protection either!  :)

coxy

but he did have his seat belt  on  :laugh:

goose63

Some guys just have to much time on there hands
And a hard hat would do the guy standing below him any good at all
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

ok don't know how true it is but was just talking with a guy and he said when they do things like this there is a lot of stuff missing to make them lighter     but still amazing  my gonads still arnt that big and never will be :D :D

Firewood dealer

I would have to go to the butt doctor to get some seat fabric removed after that!!

Dave Shepard

What could be missing? It's running and working, and everything is there.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

that we can see on the out side  :)don't know never said  may be its made out of titanium to make it lighter  ;D

SliverPicker

I used to run Liehberr hoe that was converted to rubber- tired log loader.  We pulled a 25 cord trailer with it on a 6" ball hitch.  It had a 1.5 cord grapple on it that opened to 12'8".  The grapple weighed 4500 pounds. The boom was 44 feet.  Two of us put 9000 hours on that machine in three years. It never broke down once in that time.  Quiet, smooth and tons of power.  I could unload a Michigan log truck in 8.5 minutes. One of my coworkers could do it in 8 minutes flat. I could never get my time down to match his.  I think if I could ever afford one I would buy it in a heart beat.

2 cents worth from the peanut gallery.
Yooper by trade.

Southside

How do you practice this the 1st time?  Have you ever seen the video of the guy who undresses the model using a grapple on an excavator?  I think it is from Brazil or somewhere, she is in a bathing suit when its all done, and its a big shovel he is operating.  Some amazing operators out there for sure. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mikeb1079

if i tried that i'd be wetten dass pants for sure.   :D :D
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

sandhills

Somebody has waaaaay to much confidence in their equipment, or a complete lack of brains  ::)

teakwood

That was on a television show in germany. This event was obiosly sponsored by Liebherr, that excavator weights 15tons but that is a special version with special boom made just for this event. I think they needed double cylinders even on the stick and bucket to have enought force to lift the body up, also the underbody has some kind of hooks on it to secure to the tower. there is no shovel boom set up in this weight class. as far as a hose rupture: I am sure thats a brand new machine tested from the fabricator and surely equiped with hose burst protection valves, so if a hose burst (unlikely) the cyl will hold up.

Here is an other one from the same show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLx0yoI2k1Y

Here is the video from the model, its in italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGBpwnWW2I

I think that this operator is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1CMSV81_ws
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

lopet

Every bucket truck or sky jack has those special valves installed. I think it's pretty safe that way, but still takes a lot of guts.
Only one mistake and not locking in correct would send him back to earth.
Yes it looks like they had to rig up that stick to handle the weight, but good Liebherr commercial. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

HiTech

Either a great operator or some one with a death wish. lol It was impressive.

bigD

thecfarm

Kinda looked like a quick detachment hook up to a skidsteer-tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

made me feel better at least my buddy wasn't totally full of crap :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!