iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota 7030 tractor

Started by mmartone, January 02, 2015, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Wondering if any of you guys have a Kubota 7030? I'm going to go look at one in the morning just wonder if there's anything I need to look at a particular or if they're pretty good machine? Its a lot bigger than I need but looks like a good price, and I cant say no to that. Thank you
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

WDH

I believe that that (Tom) model is 70 HP.  Mine is 56 HP.  I love mine, and that should be a fine tractor.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

We bought an M7040 five years ago.  It has been a good addition.  It has been reliable.  I think the 7030's were the predecessors of the 7040.  I doubt you will regret getting one you perceive as more powerful than you need.  Good luck.

We find all kinds of things to use it for.  A few weeks ago we used it to clean weeds out of our pond.
Caveman 

Caveman

porcupine

I have a M5040. I believe the 50 60 and 7040's are the same except for the engine.
Mine is 7 years old bought new. 2 flat tires (my fault) and last month the lights wouldn't work. The plug connection loosened up, snapped in back together for the fix.
It's my 4th Kubota. Excellent machine. Starts every time regardless of temperature. I recently got into haying and could use the  70hp now.
I use it just about every day for post hole digging, bush hogging, hauling firewood/lumber ... the list goes on.
If the price is right......do it.

Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

mmartone

I went and looked at it today, its a little rusty on the panels, broken lights etc. Hour meter says less than 600 hrs. Has a nice Quickie Q40 loader with bucket (not seen it yet) and grapple (root rake) with thumbs (really why im  looking at it). But its a 7030 N which is a narrow model made for orchards and no 3 point hitch parts on it or available. Trying to decide if I should try to buy it or not.

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

chevytaHOE5674

Without a 3pt hitch I would pass as it really limits what you can do with the tractor. On my smaller tractors like that the 3pt hitch gets used almost every time the tractors is running.

Dave Shepard

That looks like a very early Kubota. Did you get a year? Looks like it could be 25 or 30 years old. Certainly not related to todays 7040 model.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mmartone

Manufactured from 86-98, I did not get the year but I can by serial I bet. The tractor has lift arms just not the rest of the pieces that attach to a disc/box blade etc. I have never seen a tractor without. I bet under the skin its very simular.

coalsmok

From your pics it's hard to tell, but it looks like the 3pt hitch arms were removed for some reason.  I would be tempted to ask a Kubota dealer if this originally came with them and call tractor junk yards for replacement cost. It is possible that arms for a standard width would fit.
With out the three point hitch it's kinda a waste unless you have a tractor with it already and are just looking to use it for the loader and to pull something with. For me to buy the price would be really low.

We have a tractor I pulled the three point off of because it didn't work right most of the time and it is in the way for that tractors main job. But to give you a idea it is a 90+hp tractor that we paid less than 6000 for. It's sole job now is to pull a round baler. If the three point worked properly or the parts to repair it where available it would have been 8-9000+ for that same tractor.

backwoods sawyer

I had an older Yanmar that came with the two point hitch for tilling, It cost me about $350 to make the lower brakets chain side to side limiters, add the lower arms and a top conecting link.
Best part was I could still use the two point tiller when I was done.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

mmartone

The lift arms, the ones that do the work are there as well as the 2 center holes for the top arm. The bottom pins are there but the $2-300 worth of parts are needed. I'd say the tractor is worth as much as the loader assembly, bucket and the root rake with thumbs. He's asking $9800

bill m

To me the front tires don't look right. That doesn't look like an R-1 tread. If they are the wrong size they may not be very good for the drive train.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

47sawdust

I think I would walk away from that tractor.In your part of the country there are a lot of good tractors.As was pointed out the front tires look like an odd size for that model,plus it doesn't appear to have been well taken care of.I bought my L3750 from Maryland and had it delivered to Vermont for $900.00,the tractor cost $8500.00,45hp,4wd,loader,2000hrs.It has been a terrific tractor.The grapple attachment is a real treat,I'd never be without one.The 3 pt hitch is an absolute necessity.
If you do decide to buy Western Kentucky Used tractor parts might be able to help with parts.A parts manual and parts numbers will be a big help.
Good luck,
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mmartone

Yeah, I'm not that excited about it. But I did find this info, it must be the low profile option...

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/3/2/1323-kubota-m7030-dimensions.html

caveman

If the tractor functions properly, operates smooth, and will do what you want it to, you may want to make a low ball offer.  The seller may substantially lower his price because of the missing three point hitch parts, the missing grille, busted lights, and anything else that would detract from it aesthetically.  It appears to have rear auxiliary hydraulics, a nice grapple and loader, 4wd and decent tires.  A lot of work can be done with that tractor--I just assume you do not want to spend a lot of time working on it.  One positive thing about getting a tractor with a busted light and some sheet metal damage/absent is that it gives you a little more freedom when operating in hairy situations. Patience seems to be the key to finding a good price on used stuff.  Good luck.
Caveman

Caveman

bill m

If that tractor really only has 600 hours on it they had to be hard ones.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

shinnlinger

3 pt setups have been rigged on older 2pt tractors with a fairly simple hydraulic piston. If it has a pto it could be made fully functional without a lot of work or $$$  even if you couldn't find what you needed in a tractor junk yard.  600 hours seems awful low for that machine.  Does the seller seem trustworthy?  What is it's history?   IF in doubt I might still make a offer if the fluids look good, itstarts up easy when cold and operates as it should,  4x4 shifts and all that.   The grapple would be handy. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

roger 4400

Hi. I have a 2010 tractor and only use it to cut my lawn and plow snow on our driveway and it is 450 hours , I do not use it so often, so this older tractor with less than 600 hours seems unbelievable. Also if you try to lift something heavy with this grapple, without a lot of weight in the back, you will lift the tractor rear end or put too much pressure to you front axel, the grapple seems too way in front of the front end you need weight in the back ( a 3 point is used for that purpose , you hook weight or any equipment ) Look carefully to your pedals, mine after 450 hours seems new. Under the hood it still look new. Good luck
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

47sawdust

I took a look at the pictures of that tractor on CL.In my opinion the loader is set up all wrong.If you look at other Kubotas with factory loaders the loader frame is much closer to the operators platform.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

I noticed how the loader seem to stick way out too. But I thought it was the angle of the picture??? That back end would get real light with a big log or rock in it. I brought a used tractor with 800 hours on it,8 years old. That looked brand new when I got it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!