iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the new way to cut and skid.

Started by RKH Logging, January 01, 2015, 05:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3F2SkNArTE

Guess this guy thought he should reinvent the wheel. This could be why my WSIB rates are so high. What a joke.

coxy

RKH Logging

Try to copy and paste it i did this post on my cell phone.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Maine logger88

Well that's one way too do it... Not a very good one tho
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

RunningRoot

That's not professional logging at any extent what so ever....
This would be someone that got a hold of daddy's skidder or something...

I wonder if this guys belongs to the forum ? Haha
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

thecfarm

I can understand falling a tree on it by mistake,but looked like he was taking WAY too many chances. I'm glad the roll cage worked.  ::)
And I will stick with the "old"way too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Would not hire him to mow the lawn.
He probably could make some big money on a certain TV "reality" show, though.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

snowstorm

that reminds me of the 440a i saw at the jd dealer in bangor many yrs ago. i was there for parts when one of the guys there said come look at this. the story they were told was they tried to winch a pine over. it landed on the roof that was now hitting the seat also broke the frame

JDeere

You don't have to worry about that guy becoming an old logger. I don't think he'll live that long.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Southside

But I bet he has a fancy certification, workers comp insurance, and does not use a skid steer, maybe somebody can refer him to Yorklit's job.   :D :D  Where else would you learn how to take a "chainsaw selfie"??
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Puffergas

The adolescent mind at work in the woods, not a good idea...!   :o
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Ianab

Logging skills are about as good as their camera skills....  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Southside logger on January 01, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
But I bet he has a fancy certification, workers comp insurance, and does not use a skid steer, maybe somebody can refer him to Yorklit's job.   :D :D  Where else would you learn how to take a "chainsaw selfie"??
;)  good one.

Thewoodman

Quote from: Ianab on January 02, 2015, 01:04:10 AM
Logging skills are about as good as their camera skills....  ::)

You should see the selfies that come out of the east coast
Manuka / Radiata Pine / Redwood

RunningRoot

Quote from: Southside logger on January 01, 2015, 10:47:58 PM

X2 This gave me a good laugh...
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

mikeb1079

was he trying to drop trees as close to his skidder as possible?  maybe so he didn't have to walk too far with the winch line or something?  almost seemed like it   ::)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

mad murdock

Dumb and Dumber Logging, at your service!   Would not surprise me to see one or both of these guys as Darwin Award winners. :-\
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Sprucegum

I was glad to see him finally hit the skidder - after the first three tries I was afraid he was going to be a complete failure  :snowball: Probably his brother in the skidder  ;)  :)

sawguy21

They also have a real mess to skid out. Here y'all hold my beer and watch THIS!!  ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pine

CCC4

I honestly can't pick out who has the funniest reply!  :D

SliverPicker

Yooper by trade.

tule peak timber

Exactly why I stay out of the field and where I am !  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Mooseknuckle

Heres another clip of a few show casing some teamwork! I'm sure buddy in the skidder had to clean a load out if his pants after that top shelf felling job!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwP3x4QTR4
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Thank You Sponsors!