iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

calling logger 88

Started by snowstorm, December 31, 2014, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

i heard today someone was killed in the woods when there fowarder tipped over. do you know anything about it?

coxy

lynde37avery

No who was it anyone know? Roll call time.
Detroit WHAT?

snowstorm

yes i know who it is. 88 lives in that town. thought he may have heard more

Maine logger88

Yes it was a sad situation. I got a call friday night from Simmons saying bring up your skidder Bryan rolled his forwarder over he's under it he's gone. It was only a mile up the road from where I'm working so I went up and helped them get it off him the forwarder was on its side and he was under the left front tire. I'm unsure exactly what happens how he got there but I believe he was driving out and it flipped throwing him under the tire. The machine is an old pettibone 501 with a poor excuse for a roll cage plus it is short light and narrow a bad combination. I hope to never see anything like that again especially a friend I'm going to miss listening to his stories and visiting.
Make sure to stay safe guys!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Autocar

Sorry to hear about this ,prayers for his family
Bill

snowstorm

the story i heard today was he bought a newer fowarder. i saw that petibone beside the road once it looked scary to me. there is a sticker in the cab of my valmet if it tipps hang on and dont open the door

Maine logger88

No he didn't buy a newer forwarder it was that old pettibone.

snowstorm

was it loaded or empty? steep ground?

clww

Very, very sad to read this. Prayers go up for his family and his friends.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Maine logger88

He was loaded and coming out. It was a small hill and the road was kinda going along the side of it. It wasn't real steep but it wouldn't take much with that little machine piled high. At some point I will go look in the daylight and get a better idea of what happened but I haven't been able to make myself yet

Ken

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  My sincerest condolences.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Maine logger88

Firewoodjoe

So sorry. And your a good man for helping. A lot of people couldn't handle that.

deastman

I''m very sorry to hear about your friend,  what a tragedy.  Did the Pettibone have an enclosed cab?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

KyLogger

Prayers to the family. I know this is one of the most dangerous jobs out there and we all need to be careful. Especially on this older, smaller equipment....... my 440B included. Stay safe men.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

HiTech

So sad. My condolences to family and friends.

Nemologger

So sorry for the loss of this loggers life..I lost my dad in a logging accident. Prayers to the friends and family.
Clean and Sober

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

Thank you Joe I hated every minute of it and didn't know if I could do it but somehow got through it.
Deastman it did not have an enclosed cab and it had a poor excuse for a rollcage.
And thank you all for the prayers! This is a great group on here I really appreciate the support

timberlinetree

So sorry to hear.man that's a tuff thing to go thru! Make sure you take some time doing something to get your mind off of it.sorry about your loss nemo. Thoughts and prays for you both and the family. This is really sad.
We almost bought a petibone forwarder from Maine but it was sold. I hope they scrap it.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

again sorry to hear  just take your time and get your self together and take some one else with you for some support  it not going to be easy took a lot of guts to do what you did   feel proud of your self for what you did     again so sorry                          coxy

Ed_K

I'll say a prayer for you and his family. I'm with Coxy, take someone with you when you decide to go back,it'll be hard an won't go away. Time will dull it and thoughts will pop up at the weirdest times.
Ed K

smwwoody

Our prayers are with and his family. sorry for the loss
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC