iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic wench clutch.

Started by greasemonkey, December 29, 2014, 08:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasemonkey

Having trouble bleeding out the slave cylinder for the clutch band on a gearmatic 19 winch. Has anyone experienced such a problem.?

thecfarm

greasemonkey,I sure can't help ya. But I do want to welcome you to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MT logger

What is the winch doing? I had that problem thought I was getting air never figured out why. I took the side covers off hooked up the plumbing and watched everything took clutch assembly out and cleaned it. put everything back together and bleed it and all was good. When I would release in gear it would winch in and when I released it out of gear I couldn't pull line out. Just rust and dust. But at first when bleeding it it looked like air just kept coming.

greasemonkey

I can get full pressure at the maser cylinder where the hose connects to the fitting but once I connect the hose I cannot get any pressure. I replaced the hose with a new one.

MT logger

Did you check the inner line? Are you loosing brake fluid? If the inner line is expanding or you have a leak. I would pull the covers then hook it up and go through the bleeding process and watch everything. You may need to hold the swivel fiting in while you do this.

Cedar Savage

Did ya bleed both sides on the master cylinder? ya gotta go slow & not pump up a bunch of bubbles in the fluid. Also ya gots to keep the handle held in release, while ya tighten the fittings where your bleeding it at, then pump up again & do it 2-3 times. At first it won't seem like yer doing anything, but eventually,  bubbles & fluid will come.....if all fails rebuild master cylinder.
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

greasemonkey

Both sides of the master cylinder have been rebuilt and double checked . Connected a test line and gage to the fitting on the master cylinder and it read seven hundred psi with minimal pressure on the handle. Used a turkey basting syringe and filled the hose going to the clutch slave cylinder still would not build up any pressure. This is with a plug in the end of the hose. Odd that it will build pressure with the test hose but not with the normal hose. A real head scratcher.

rick f

Greasemonkey did you get it yet?  On mine I fill the master , unhook the slave and pump about a qt. of brake fluid into a clean container, hook the line backup and I'm good to go. Good  luck
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Thank You Sponsors!