iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made some progress today.

Started by DR_Buck, December 28, 2014, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

I purchased the Woodmizer Resaw/Lap Sider at the Paul Bunyan show in October and still haven't used it.    Part of the reason is I've been busy with lots of other projects, the day job and then the holidays.   Another reason is I haven't had a way to get it onto and then off of the mill.  Its a two person job, and I'm only one person.   

Today I think I solved the two person job.   I mounted a pickup truck bed hoist from Harbor freight to one of the support post in the barn where I saw.   Also a few weeks back I picked up a wheeled cart to store and move the resaw on when its not on the mill.  So, now I will just need to wheel it over next to the mill and hoist it up and swing it over the mill bed and lower it into place.

I didn't get any pictures of it yet because I was cleaning the barn out so I could wheel the mill back inside and didn't have time to fool around with it.   After the holidays I will get it set up and take pictures of the whole arrangement.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim H

That hoist might come in handy for other stuff too. I normally have to use the tractor with forks to set the resaw on the mill.
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

Thank You Sponsors!