iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone using a Norwood Dremel Type blade sharpener

Started by Jjoness4, December 27, 2014, 10:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

robomower

tribalfarmer

I have always liked this forum and have gotten good insight from it many times, so decided to join.

I have used this sharpener. It does need a lot of help. it sounds like coastlogger
had a good idea on how to make it better
I would like to see his pictures of the one he modified. 
I have a Harbor freight right up the street  

fluidp

Hi all, I have a new (One month ago) Norwood lm29, 16 hp , and also bought the dremel sharpener and tooth setter. I would not want to go into business sharpening blades with it, but only after sharpening a few blades I got the hang of it. One key thing is to keep it Clean. Blow down after every blade.
Im not overly happy with the Norwood instructions, as the detail is limited. also the standard cam in it should be profiled to match the Norwood Sabretooth blades better, as the first sharpening took three passes with the sharpener to profile the saw tooth so the entire "Back" of the tooth got touched.  Oh well, what ever....
First blade I sharpened was the one I hit my back rest on the mill with, so it was kinda messed up  lol., But after some care full setting and three passes with the sharpener, it turned out just fine.
Ive done 4 blades and lots of stone left on the dremel, so im happy about that. Just don't try to grind too much at a time, that will wear out stones and put heat in the blade. 
Happy Milling lol lol

Thank You Sponsors!