iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How did Christmas treat ya

Started by Mainer_for_life, December 26, 2014, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mainer_for_life

Just a topic for members to talk about how their Christmas went. I know mine went well and I got a new scope for my 22 look out squirrels here I come  ;D

Jeff

My wife and kids got me a GoPro camera with some accessories. Here is the first still shot I took with it.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mainer_for_life

Nice my dad works for the Maine inland fisheries and wildlife as a fisheries biologist and he also is certified as a diver that looks at habitats he wants a go pro with the water proof case so he can film his dives they lock cool. Also nice living room it reminds me of our hunting camp

Mainer_for_life

Als videos are nice remember to keep us forum guys in the loop of cool things.

Jeff

This one came with a waterproof case that says it is good to 198 feet deep.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

Christmas went real good .I connected with an old school classmate in Nov .who just happens to be female who is also widowed as myself .Who could have ever guessed nearly 50 years after the fact something like this would happen .Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus . ;D ;)

Roxie

Well now, Al, that's a really special Christmas!   :)
Say when

sawguy21

;) Ol' Al is gonna mellow out,you just wait and see.  :D Congratulations, hope it works out well for you.
Christmas was good, niece and her family were here for turkey and all the fixins. OOF!!!  I ate too much. Gonna be left overs for a while. Stepson was here for the afternoon, their 5 year old was excited at more presents.
We don't buy for each other, we have what we need and no room for more STUFF. Besides, we plan to move in the spring and don't need more boxes.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mainer_for_life

Every one celebrates differently but food is one thing that everyone gets

petefrom bearswamp

great lookin' den Jeff.
My Christmas was good just the wife and I .
Ou r family was here last Saturday with a very busy and fulfilling day.
Lots of food, some adult beverages and lots of hugs and kisses
Linda and I  have everything we need so don't gift each other.
Christmas present from my doc was a colonoscopy this AM and couldnt eat yesterday.
All appears to be Ok tho so it was worth it.
Happy New Year to all
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 26, 2014, 04:17:05 PM
........ a waterproof case that says it is good to 198 feet deep.

SOLD......$300.00. Gotta get me one......its DEEP around here.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Shotgun

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on December 26, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

Christmas present from my doc was a colonoscopy this AM and couldnt eat yesterday.

But you COULD drink couldn't you?      :D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

isawlogs

Christmas was here at the house with the kids and there better halves, friends with there almost two babies, an almost two year old and her sister that is 9months old. the two year old was the elf, well she was claiming every gift as Yasmine's..   :D 

I got a gun safe for ten more guns, a beauty of a pocket knife that my daughter picked up in Greece this summer and so much more , but having the kids and the babies here was what its all about. a good time , great food..
  We had a fondue of shrimp, moose, deer and chicken... salades desert was home baked apple pie(gluten free for my daughter) ice cream, chocolats, we had so much it was incredible, we had a super good ',punch and shared stories for three hours while we stuffed our cheeks of all the food.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

I had a good time. Christmas day I drove 100 miles to get 2 ladies to bring to the house. Brenda's Aunt did alot for her when she was growing up. So we do for her now. The Aunt brought a friend up. So we was not alone for Christmas. The Aunt enjoyed the fireplace.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DaleK

Kinda tight this year with the wife starting a new job so for adult gifts we limited it to $1 per child per parent to spend at the dollar store. I got two toques, a pair of socks, and two chocolate bars (the ten year old squirrelled away an extra dollar from somewhere and cheated). The boys each got pellet guns, the girls got girly things, pretty darn good year.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

pigman

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 26, 2014, 05:00:30 PM
Christmas went real good .I connected with an old school classmate in Nov .who just happens to be female who is also widowed as myself .Who could have ever guessed nearly 50 years after the fact something like this would happen .Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus . ;D ;)
Al, I connected last summer with a school classmate I hadn't seen in 50 years. I had a better Christmas than I did last year.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ianab

We actually had a good Christmas Eve with Lil's family, and stayed the night there, then went to my Mum's for Christmas dinner. All well and good, except the kids picked up a gastro bug from their cousins. Coming home from Mums in the evening, and Miss 2 suddenly does a HUGE up-chuck in the car. A full Christmas dinner and chocolate special. Up most of the night, and still isn't 100%, but at least has stopped vomiting. Miss 7 had a couple of chucks on Boxing day, but is OK now.

So Christmas itself was good. The aftermath? Not so much fun  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pineywoods

Had a really good cheistmas with daughter, son-in-law, and 2 teenage grandsons. I got a raspbery PI , that's P-I, not PIE. No, it's not something to eat, so this doesn't belong in the FOOD section.  ;D More on that later. The best part was chrismas eve shopping with my daughter, a tradition that goes back to when she was a teenager. The bad part was driving home, 7 hours in a pouring rainstorm..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Congrats on the happy family time.  :)
QuoteI got a raspbery PI
So now you are gonna build something out of nothing?  ???  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: pigman on December 26, 2014, 10:16:59 PM
Quote from: Al_Smith on December 26, 2014, 05:00:30 PM
Al, I connected last summer with a school classmate I hadn't seen in 50 years. I had a better Christmas than I did last year.

You and Al didn't connect with the same classmate did ya's?  ???
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

How is that raspberry PI ?

This the one?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407058,00.asp

If it is, interested in what it does for you.  ;)  (i.e. how well does it go down)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodworker9

My wife bought me a 60" Logrite cant hook.  What a lady!!!

Now, I've got to get busy fabricating a log arch to move logs around.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: woodworker9 on December 29, 2014, 10:34:42 AM
My wife bought me a 60" Logrite cant hook.  What a lady!!!

Now, I've got to get busy fabricating a log arch to move logs around.

Logrite sells Log Arches too.  ;D ;D ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!