iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sweet Gum

Started by yarnammurt, December 25, 2014, 07:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

This is a gum I cut today. I cut it and let it sit for a year. looking JUST for this 8)
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Dave Shepard

That is nice. No sweet gum around here. Did you cut that on a swinger, or a regular circle mill?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

yarnammurt

10" Peterson. It just barely made it. right at 20 1/2".
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

lawnsbylane

Very nice looks like the ones we have in nc

Swatson

That is some pretty stuff.  Congrats!
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its a pretty grain and my favorite for barn siding.
Dried....it is hard as a rock.
As siding and the sun hitting the grain....the colorful grain will slowly fade away.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

How straight does it dry?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on December 25, 2014, 09:40:36 PM
How straight does it dry?

If your question was directed at me, it'll dry real straight. I put mine up as it came off the mill, Green and used ring-shnked nails. Boards stayed straight and flat. Excellent barn siding. :)

mesquite buckeye

That gum is sweeeet. ;D ;D ;D :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

kensfarm

clww

I was wondering if it would bow or twist. Green installation sounds like the way to go with the siding.
We cut a lot of it for pulp each week.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We have to admit, Sweet Gun gets a bad rap. But if you understand the behavior of the wood in lumber form and educate your customers, you can make 300 a dollar or 2 on it.

Vertical is best for Sweet Gum outside......Horizontal not so good outside.

Thank You Sponsors!