iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle Kiln Build Pics

Started by Hale87, December 25, 2014, 10:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale87

I was hoping to find some pics of some dry kiln builds, and or just your kiln? I've owned the used components to a Nyle 200 for a number of years, and  would eventually like to put it to use. (big surprise) I also have two layers of 3" hard board insulation (enough to build their plan 6 inches thick) just sitting in waiting, so I'm looking for some ideas. I have the plans provided by Nyle but after seeing some of these other builds through the years I know there's more than one way to skin a cat. No need to waste your time posting, if you would just let me know they're in your gallery, and I'll go look.

Thanks for your help!

2002 LT40HD sawmill, WM single blade edger, 23hp Kubota tractor, 2011 Kawasaki Mule, 2002 Honda Foreman, 1983 Case 480D backhoe

GAB

Hale87: you said "I also have two layers of 3" hard board insulation (enough to build their plan 6 inches thick)". 
From what I've read I would suggest your educate your self as to weather your insulation is open or closed cell.  I believe open cell insulation is not recommended for a kiln.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!