iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Thanks Magicman...

Back to sawing White Pine today. I'm just at my limit in width.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

K, I was telling my wife of all the great things you build. Please keep up the great work. ;D

Kbeitz

Quote from: fishfighter on October 08, 2017, 05:38:58 PM
K, I was telling my wife of all the great things you build. Please keep up the great work. ;D

Thanks... Summer days are getting short.
Almost time to hibernate for a while.
I'm disliking winter days. But spring is right
around the corner.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bruno of NH

Milling up some live edge soft maple and white birch for my sales inventory.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

That looks good and hopefully it will not be in your "inventory" very long.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

MM
If everyone shows up that contacted me on the wood :) :)
It will all be picked up by Friday i hope :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

That is some nice stuff.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

Ironwood  Hope it was my first and last.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

fishfighter

Was going to saw up some live edge oak lap siding today, but rain more then half the day. 8) So I napped on and off all day. ;D

Darrel

Sawed some denim pine pants for Vera, no idea what her plan is.

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on October 11, 2017, 11:14:43 AM
Skinny jeans.   :D

Yeah, looks like they need a little bit more left on the butt...

WDH

They look good to me  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

I've always wanted to do that double trunk cut, man that looks cool,, wish I still had my mill,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I would like to see the end results.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

Quote from: thecfarm on October 12, 2017, 08:03:29 AM
I would like to see the end results.  ;D

We'll see what happens and keep y'all posted.
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Sawed up some oak lap siding for my shack. First time sawing with my saw under cover. ;D

They are 18" across.

For those that don't know how and have a manual mill, one just uses these 1" sticker sticks. ;D

Another note. Saw down to about 2" from the pith. Don't go anymore or your lap siding will split bad. Flip the cant and saw down that side.

Magicman

That looks really good Paul.   ;)

My last saw job for this month was scheduled for today.  It was 71 miles for me but my customers came from Arlington and Austin TX. :o  I had previously gone by and looked at the "logs" and knew what I was in for.   :o

Lightning struck and brought the top out of this old Cherrybark Oak.  The DBH was 6'.

The "logs".  One 14' and the other 6'

The "pretty" side!!

The Logrites are lined up like soldiers and ready for action.

Of course these were nothing but limbs, so the pith was exactly where it was supposed to be.

I jump butted the 14' log back to 9' and sawed 1¼" and 2¼" both live edge and 18" squared.

Next was the 5' jumped butt.  It was nothing but misery not fitting anywhere nor wanting to be turned nor clamped.

Yup, it was bad but it lost the battle.

I had to use my only non-Logrite tool to stretch between the side supports.  Thankfully that is steel tubing instead of pipe or it would have bent.

The 6' section managed very well.

There were a few live edged slabs.

Plus the trailer loaded for a trip to Austin, TX.  He asked if I would be interested in making a sawing trip to Austin sawing White Oak and Cedar??   :o   ???   Oh yes, this was sawed hourly rate plus I got a $50 tip.

WDH

Looks like a dog's breakfast (Australian Old Saying  ;D).

Magicman

Yup, and the point being that taking on the unthinkable put a few extra jingles in my pocket.  If a customer wants it sawn, I'll saw it.  ;D

WV Sawmiller

MM,

I want to be just like you when I grow up. :D

I sawed one small Norway Spruce log for a whopping 37 bf while waiting for a customer - really just needed a 3" X 8" X 8' section for a friend to cut in half for a base for a short stairway safety rail. I tried a 6X8 out of poplar but it was too heavy and it cracked. I know the spruce will be lighter and hopefully less likely to split. 

My customer did show up, looked at what i had and he bought a little walnut and a couple of ash 6" X 6" X 24" crib blocks he wanted to try for bowl turning. I cut off and threw in 15" section of about a 9" 4 way crotch off a small walnut log that he was interested in. I'd likely have ended up cutting it and throwing it in the scrap pile anyway and this way at least i got some good PR. They are trying to set up a wood turners club and looking for sources. I told him to check out the FF for more ideas.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Briankinley2004

Lynn that looks like y'all put lipstick on a pig. You never said what they gonna use the boards for. Must be some sentimental value in those logs judging by the travel and orange spray paint on them

Darrel

MM, it's obvious that you take your signature line seriously.  Your "desire" to provide quality has really paid off.
8) 8) 8)
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!