iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

fishfighter,

I'd love to have a pine big enough to cause me trouble. Most of mine might make a single 2x6.

:)
Find something to do that interests you.

Deese

Black Walnut on the menu for tomorrow morning.
WDH, eat your heart out.

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Magicman

STOP that man and confiscate the contraband !!  We will trump up some charges about his illegal activities after we get him behind bars.  ;D  We have a Red Dodge pulling a gooseneck trailer on the way but he will have to stop in Perry to get fuel. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ToddsPoint

Nice walnut logs.  What did you do with the tops with the crotches?  Crotch walnut is valuable for gunstocks.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

WDH

You better put a lock on that trailer.  Better yet, you better put a lock on those logs  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Quote from: grouch on September 22, 2017, 04:27:53 PM
fishfighter,

I'd love to have a pine big enough to cause me trouble. Most of mine might make a single 2x6.

I got the pine logs free a few months ago. I don't have any pine trees that grow on my place. Had 20 nice logs and now down to around 10 left. Got to fish them out my pond as I need them.

Magicman

I saw those SYP logs at your place.  The good thing is that even with hitting that nail, you are still ahead.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, I was able to save the blade. Had two teeth that got knocked out of place a little. Reset them and resharpen the blade. All is good. Sharpen a few more blades this morning too!

Did a little edging on some of the 4/4 boards. Need them for the shack build roof strapping. Depends on the weather due to a good chance of rain Monday, I hope next Tuesday to frame out the rest of the shack roof line and finish that section out. Still have to run power out to it.

Bruno of NH

Delivered 660 bdft of 1x12 pine to an older couple who are on disability.
Gave them a senior discount they where very happy and nice folks :)
They are using it for roof sheathing on their home.
Stacked and stickered it in the yard for them

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Started milling up some red oak i had today.
It's only the second time i have sawn oak.
It milled  very easy compared to the knotty pine i have been milling lately.
7 degree bands worked great.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

TreeStandHunter

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 23, 2017, 03:08:32 PM
It's only the second time i have sawn oak.
It milled  very easy compared to the knotty pine i have been milling lately.
7 degree bands worked great.

That is some beautiful Oak! What is going to be made out of that?
In the process of building my own mill.

Bruno of NH

I sell my wood on line and a local trade paper.
Hope to sell most of the oak but if it doesn't I will use it for woodworking projects.
I'm also looking for a 2 wheel drive one ton to make deliverys with and I would like to make a custom flat bed with removable oak side boards. Old school looking .

goose63

Quote from: grouch on September 22, 2017, 04:27:53 PM
fishfighter,

grouch here ya go

If this ain't big enough these might be

All you have to do is get this load home from North West Montana
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

50 Acre Jim

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 23, 2017, 03:08:32 PM

I did the same!  Mine is going to become floors in one of my rental properties.  :-)   
Go to work?  Probably Knott.  Because I cant.

4x4American

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 23, 2017, 03:01:49 PM
Delivered 6600 bdft of 1x12 pine to an older couple who are on disability.
Gave them a senior discount they where very happy and nice folks :)
They are using it for roof sheathing on their home.
Stacked and stickered it in the yard for them

Do ya mean 660BF lol.
Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

This morning I was cutting White Pine and When I had squared up the first cant, it was 20" X 18"!

Laid it down so it was 18" high and made one cut at 12" and another cut at 6", flipped it back up-right and proceeded to cut 2X6's three at a time!

Nice, 30 2X6's out of the cant and I think there were 8 out of the side lumber!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

That is cooking Chuck.   smiley_thumbsup

My customer said that my Tuesday's logs will be nice.  I have sawn many tens of thousands of bf for him so he should know.  I am anxious.

grouch

goose63,

I'm afraid taking half the length and then quarter splitting 'em, those logs on that truck might still mash my little sawmill.
Find something to do that interests you.

LeeB

I can't believe that old truck is still on the road. I thought maybe it was an old pic at first glance until I looked at the new cars in it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

rjwoelk

Yes and the top log is over height to his stakes, I believe the rule is one third of the log can  be higher. Stand corrected.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Darrel

Now that old logging truck is a trip down memory lane. When I was a kid we'd see trucks like that loaded like that on a regular basis in the Northern California sierras, ijohnsaw's part of the country. Of worthy note is the fact that the old truck has only one drive axel and the logging dolly has two. No way that loads legal on any paved road. I'm guessing this is not a long hall.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Ljohnsaw

I don't see them loaded quite that high, but I do drool over some loads of some BIG logs.  Now knowing a little more about how much a logs weighs looking at the diameter, I'm pretty much in awe when I see a load with 3 or 4 BIG logs (40"+) and a couple smaller to fill in.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bruno of NH

4x4
I fixed it :)
That would be a load on the old GMC

WDH

Yes, not loaded safely.  There are more logs than truck.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Quote from: grouch on September 23, 2017, 10:48:18 PM
goose63,

I'm afraid taking half the length and then quarter splitting 'em, those logs on that truck might still mash my little sawmill.

Heck, the big sawmills in these parts would NOT touch them big suckers. To my understanding, they will not take anything over 30". Don't know as to why.

Thank You Sponsors!