iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That is much closer than .016".   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Looks like Doug ought to cobble something together.
Caveman

Kbeitz

Quote from: 4x4American on September 27, 2016, 09:30:43 PM
Tell me about it lol lol lol

Nice safety stop... But I think I would use a wood block instead.
It's kinda hard to reverse directions...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

Got out and sawed some oak yesterday. Around 250bf of 1x6 and a few 2x6 x16'. I need a little bit more. This lumber will be used to build doors for my camp. Going to hit it again today.

Was good to get out and open a couple logs. ;D

WellandportRob

Almost finished 2800 bdf order of Ash.

2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

goose63

Brought home3 big Hackberry log's one had ants in it at first I thought fire wood boy am I glade I change'd my mind

And these two should make some good looking lumber and that DanG loader woorks like a charme 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

goose63,flat in one direction and than flat the other way too!!! You sure can see for a ways there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Rob,

Nicely prepared ash lumber. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

goose63

thecfarm that's North Dakota for ya

WHD that Hackberry wood we don't find to many that big around here  8)

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

fishfighter

Quote from: goose63 on September 29, 2016, 05:47:48 AM
thecfarm that's North Dakota for ya

WHD that Hackberry wood we don't find to many that big around here  8)

Lucky you. They are everywhere around here. More of a trash tree here unless you love to coon hunt in the winter. Coons stack up in those trees for the berries. ;D

Sawed up a few more hundred feet of 1x6 oak yesterday. Didn't take any pictures.

Finally having some cool weather here this morning that it is below 70F. First time in almost 5 months. 63F now with a high of 82F today. 8)  Sweet weather thru the weekend.

Nomad

Cut a few large silver maple logs the other day in a front yard.  Nice guy to work with, nice family too.  AND now he's one of our newest members; Hinto.  Maybe he'll introduce himself.

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Well done, Bill!

Goose,

Our hackberry (which is mostly sugarberry but only an expert can distinguish between them) does not behave very well.  Very difficult to dry straight and flat unless quartersawn.  They tend to have a great deal of growth stress, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WellandportRob

Thank you Peter and WDH.  Nothing pleases me more than a nicely stacked pile of lumber.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

OffGrid973

That stickering job makes me jealous...well done and nice sheet of metal to ward of the elements.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Hinto

Quote from: nomad on September 29, 2016, 06:37:31 AM
     Cut a few large silver maple logs the other day in a front yard.  Nice guy to work with, nice family too.  AND now he's one of our newest members; Hinto.  Maybe he'll introduce himself.

Thanks for posting Nomad.  The silver maple died in my front yard and being a forester myself couldn't stand to see it go to waste.  Glad I found BillsMill, he did a great job!  Can't wait for another opportunity to work with him.

tnaz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Mr. Hinto.

Terry

Magicman

Hello and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Hinto.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Hinto!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

welcome to the forum hinto :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum Hinto. You will have to try to make it up for the next project.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

fishfighter

Morning folks. Outstanding weather here for a change. Got out for a little and sawed up a bunch of cants out of some oak logs that have been sitting. I don't need any oak lumber, but I just wanted to get the bark off to keep the bugs out. Got them stacked and stickered and out the weather. Sorry, no pictures.

Ended up having to go to the doctors yesterday afternoon. Last Friday, I had to have a biopsy done on my ear. Now the complete ear is infected. :( The biopsy came back and yep it's Squamous cancer. Got to wait till the infection clears up before they can cut on it more.

Sun screen people. Use it. I did, but it is not 100%.

longtime lurker

Got to play with the Lucas today - a "little" Kuranda Satinash that was easier to deal with that way then over the benches.

It's nice sometimes to play with the kind of log where you just carve what you want from it, no dramas, no degrade, no turning itself inside out with stress, no making silk purses from sows ears. Just board after board clean and straight from end to end.

(ummm yeah, thats him in two parts, about 7m3 / 3000 BF or so... and thats "little"  for a satinash. You really dont want to see a big one)
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!