iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

It's kind of neat, it was still leafless and tight when it was felled but apparently the signal had already been sent through most of the trees to loosen and divide.

etroup10

Cut some sassafras and ambrosia maple today!!!! Add in some walnut and chestnut oak, it was a pretty fun day!!

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

etroup10

And some other stuff i cut a little while ago

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

grouch

Whatcha sittin' on? Walnut toilet seats.

(Didn't Grandpa Jones do a skit about a toilet seat?)
Find something to do that interests you.

Deese

Live edge ERC mantle with some 2" thick leftovers on the sides. Cedar is one of my favorites to saw. If I wasn't feeling well and went to my family doctor, he would just say, "son, get your butt out there and saw some cedar"   Yessir Doc.

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

paul case

That thar is some nice cedar. Also it is on the level and totally balanced as well!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jim_Rogers

Last week I sawed some "Apple" not the straightest logs I've ever sawn:

And that was one of the straighter ones.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Darrel

Quote from: Deese on May 24, 2017, 11:47:58 PM
Live edge ERC mantle with some 2" thick leftovers on the sides. Cedar is one of my favorites to saw. If I wasn't feeling well and went to my family doctor, he would just say, "son, get your butt out there and saw some cedar"   Yessir Doc.

Sounds like you feel about the same about ERC as I feel about WJ (western juniper).

I got an order for a WJ mantle the other day, but I'm not going to cut it 'till I have the cash in hand.  I'm tired of fighting this guy for every dime.  Anyway, end of rant.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

terrifictimbersllc

Almost looks like you sawed a $   :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

grouch

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 25, 2017, 09:29:07 AM
Last week I sawed some "Apple" not the straightest logs I've ever sawn:

And that was one of the straighter ones.

Jim Rogers

I like apple wood even if I have to walk a drunkard's path to get it in the door! Every time I've had one with that much character, there was a rotten spot to work around. Yours looks solid and clean!

caveman

Deese- that is a good looking cedar and you did a good job with the mantle.
Caveman

Brad_bb

Nice Jim!   That is going to be a brace right?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WDH

Etroupe,

That ambrosia maple is fantastic. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Jim, I believe that your log was more crooked than this Sycamore one was.  These will become bookmatched benches.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Hay Magicman, I fixed my seat. :D :D :D

Ran out of gorilla tape. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Ah gots to fix mine too.  Either that or spend another hundred bucks!   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grouch

I think a sawmill should have a nice, rough-sawn red oak seat. It shows the customer you're serious.

Bonus points for pulling splinters outta ya butt after the job.

Magicman

I forgot to mention that I have no idea what to fix the seat with.  Last time I tried Gorilla tape like Peter used but since I work in the sun, the heat melted the glue on the tape into a sticky mess.  I also tried one of those auto seat covers, but the looseness did not work.  Maybe someone has an idea?    smiley_idea

scleigh

I had the students from the local High School FFA class over this morning and we saw'd a few logs.

We had a few decent cedar boards

Then we saw'd a nice ambrosia maple into live edge slabs

This was the 3rd visit from the FFA class, very enjoyable visit, maybe some of the kids become interested in sawing.

Peter Drouin

Tractor supply has seats. Just need one with the right bolt spread. 16" I think???
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Delawhere Jack

Still stuck in that same old rut..... more walnut.....  ::)

thechknhwk

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 25, 2017, 08:49:51 PM
Hay Magicman, I fixed my seat. :D :D :D

Ran out of gorilla tape. ;)

At least you know where to put your buttcrack :D

grouch

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 25, 2017, 09:52:05 PM
Tractor supply has seats. Just need one with the right bolt spread. 16" I think???

Surplus Center has seats.

Thank You Sponsors!