iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tareece

Quote from: thecfarm on March 24, 2017, 07:24:18 AM

I can't tell from the picture. But does your stops go straight up and down?
I have a Thomas and that's how mine are. I put some inch marks on mine. 3-4-6-8 inches.
4 inches is really 3½ on the scale. So if sawing 4 inches and mine stops are set at 4, I know I have a ½ inch to clear them. 6-8 inches the same way.
They r reversible. What I mean by that is that the stop has a shoulder welded to it 80 percent down it's height so that you can have a short or tall stop for small to thick  logs.
   I had been sawing skinny logs and had forgotten to look at the stops mainly because they are on the opposite of the pushbar.
     It's something I always check until I didn't.

Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

paul case

My old mill has some inch marks on it too. On the 6'' clamp it has a 5.5'' mark and 3.5'' mark and the first backstop has several marks on it ALL MADE WITH THE SAW BLADE, so they are kinda permenant. I am sure that there have been many many many first time on a lt40hd sawyers broke in on that mill and I am one.

Good thing bands are kinda cheap.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Hey waitahminute, it's the lumber that counts and that Cedar looks good !!  Sorry about the blade and the side support will be there for "next time".   smiley_devil 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Fired up the mill for a little more lap siding.

Yep, this log had some stress in it. :D

Sawed up enough to finish up the back side of the mill shed. Also sawed up some 2x6's and 2x4's. Scraps were chainsaw up into firewood. And of course my buddy under my feet. :D

Oh, in that first picture, it shows the shed that I nailed up some siding before sawing this morning. One can see the change in color of the siding from just a couple days of drying. DanG 84F+ has been hitting here every day. Rain coming tonight.

Magicman

Steady as she goes Paul and the Oak is looking good.   smiley_thumbsup

My tomorrow is depending upon the rain/storms that are forecast.  I want to go with Marty and saw a small Walnut, etc. job tomorrow.

I took a dreadful spill today and may not be able to squeak tomorrow much less anything else.  Nothing broken or bleeding but mightyful hurt. (new word)  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tareece

Quote from: Magicman on March 24, 2017, 10:18:11 PM
Steady as she goes Paul and the Oak is looking good.   smiley_thumbsup

I took a dreadful spill today and may not be able to squeak tomorrow much less anything else.  Nothing broken or bleeding but mightyful hurt. (new word)  :o
Hope ur feeling better tomorrow...
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

paul case

Well I hope you wake up all better.

It musta been a bad spill if you are making new words about it.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

WLC

Magicman, Sorry to hear you took a bad tumble.  Hope you aren't overly sore for long.

No Pics, but finally was able to start the mill up this afternoon and saw a bit of lumber.  Will be sawing White birch for flooring boards for a while.  Sawing it at 4/4 and about 4½ inches wide.  Wound up with about 140-150bf all stacked and stickered under a shed. I would have got more done, but didn't get to start sawing till after 3 and went slow till I reacquainted myself with the mill.  Must have worked, I didn't hit the backstops at all.....today. 

Soon as all this bloomin snow melts Imma gonnna start on a solar kiln to get all this stuff dried down.  Plan is to get it dried this summer/early Fall and get it planed and T&G it late fall and over the winter when I can't get outside and do much.   
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

fishfighter

DanG Lynn, hope you get to moving around today. Spills are never good. :(

Waiting on the rain which should hit in about an hour. Hoping it blast thru.

caveman

Sorry you got yourself dinged up, MM.  I hope you have a speedy recuperation.  Sometimes I invent new words when I hurt myself.
Caveman

WDH

It always hurts when you hurt yourself. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Hope you are feeling better Mr MM
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Thanks, I am fine.  The only things that hurt are my elbow, shoulder, and hip.  Well yes, there are a couple more spots, but I am OK.   ;D

The rain blew through here but according to the radar, there is more to come.  I was hoping that Marty could saw that Walnut today.

paul case

Good you arent seriously hurt. Ache form top to toes aint no fun. Take a break and watch the rain. You deserve some rest.  Tell PatD I said so if you need to.

PC
pc

Upper

Was a cant hook involved? My best involve them..........
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

LeeB

I do believe the ground is much harder now than it was in the past. Falling down sure hurts more anyways. Take a fest until you feel better and watch out for yourself please good sir.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I only fell from about 4' high and I guess that my right elbow became my landing gear.  Anyway, it hit first.  My weight was then transferred to my right shoulder.  My arm was not extended so thankfully there is no rotator cuff damage.  My elbow and forearm are turning some strange colors and sore....yes. 

Anyway for other medical reasons that I had rather not discuss right now, I had already postponed all of my sawing jobs for at least a week.

gww

Magic
From the turn of this thread, it looks like you have plenty of support around here.

You have my well wishes also.
Good luck
gww

Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Glad to hear you are still among the living. We are all waiting with bated breath (whatever that is) for more details. Was a ladder involved? I distinctly remember being mildly chastised a couple weeks ago when I took a similar tumble off a ladder. I basically rolled up backwards but did scrape some hide off the back of my head. Took a day or two for the rest of the bruises and contorsions to get pretty well back to normal.

I am in agreement with Lee about the ground getting harder as we get older. I'll take it a step farther and opine that gravity also begins to have a geometric increase as we pass the age of 50. Stay well and keep us informed.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

No, my fall was not ladder related unless steps count, as in RV steps and being on top.  :o 

My other medical concern is for/about PatD.  She has a Dr. appointment Thursday, so we will know more then.  This concerns her cardiac evaluation that she had last week.

Darrel

MM, you and PatD are in my thoughts and prayers.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

LeeB

Thinking of Mrs. Pat and you too. Hope all goes well for both of you.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

running elk

Eastern Cedar, Pine, Red Oak and Walnut.

Dudaks

Praying for your speedy recovery and for the health of PatD.

Kind regards,

Fred

Thank You Sponsors!