iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

example timber lease agreement?

Started by ZHARZHAY, August 14, 2004, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZHARZHAY

Hi all,

Can anyone email me an example timber lease agreement?  I need one to refer to as I write my own here...

Thanks,
Erik

Texas Ranger

Erik, what will the lease be used for, sale, hunting lease, etc.  They are like ice creme cones and come in different flavors.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ZHARZHAY

Sorry,
It's for a Timber Lease, where I will manage and harvest the land for timber products.  I just want to see how it's worded, how the various rights are articulated.
Thanks,
Erik

Ron Wenrich

You're looking for a standard timber sale agreement.  Unless you are a forester, I would watch that management part.  There may be state laws that regulate that.  And you may open your self up to some liabilities.  

You could go to a lawyer and have him set up a simple timber sales agreement, with blanks that will need filled in.

What you should have stated in the contract are where the property is located, which trees are to be harvested, and how much you're going to pay.  

You should also have the method of payment, and you should put down a good faith payment so timber is payed for in advance.  

You should also be willing to post a bond to cover damages.  You should also state how you intend to retire roads and landings.  Tree planting should be covered if applicable.  Also state how you are going to handle debris and tops.  That includes garbage that oft times gets left in the woods  

You should also indicate that you have insurance so there isn't problems with the landowner, in case of an accident.

The landowner should be responsible for designating lines and guarantee the title of the wood.  He should also be prepared to defend that.  If you designate the lines, then you're responsible if you go over the line.

Those are the basics, but you can add anything else you want.  Go the lawyer route and play it safe.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ron Scott

The Forum Tool Box has a sample timber sale contract which includes a lot of the applicable terms you may use for harvesting timber.

The timber management terms would need to be addressed and you should be or work with a professional forester for this part of the lease.

The time spand of your lease and the obligations of your performance under it will be important legal requirements.

As Ron W. said, it is best to " sit down" with an attorney for your specific situation.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!