iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dont know if im doing right or not.

Started by BargeMonkey, December 21, 2014, 12:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Hunted to find this 450C ive got, even talked about buying a processor but now the new wife has some ideas and like a blind fool im following.  :D
Got 3 different people coming tues, if the #'s are right she goes. Putting in a gas station / country store and with being on the boat stuff is sitting anyway. Cant find dependable woods help. Screw it, keep the cable and forwarder and just work by myself when i can.

CCC4

Sounds like you have a lot on your mind!  :)

loggah

Good luck !!!!!!i changed a lot of stuff for my first wife!! she hung around for 11 years then decided she wanted to move on.Sold off a Indian motorcycle collection ,and she got the 61 vette. :'( You make sure whatever you do it would be because you want to regardless !!!!I hope the best for both of you and whatever you two do works out well !
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

CCC4

*DanG loggah... I feel your pain on the Vette...sold my Dad's '63 last year...single owner car...DanGit! ....but your Indian collection...yeh, being a bike guy...I would have had a hard time with that and lost tons of sleep! Seems like there would be 20 Women to one Classic Indian...but I'm jaded!  :o

Firewoodjoe

Family is very important. You only live once and if moma's happy everyone is happy. I'm driving log truck now. Will be doing that 6 days a week and sold my firewood processor and just selling whatever little helpers cut. At least you'll still have some woods stuff. No need to be big. But why a gas station! Lol general store would be cool. Someone started one around here. They sell bar and chain oil and hydraulic oil amongst other things and do pretty well at that.

thecfarm

Seem like when I have a great idea, ::) someone will ask,will it work out ok? My answer,Ask me in a a couple years.  ;D
Good luck to ya.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lumberjohn

Good luck man, a country store/gas station sounds cool! Does the location seem OK?

lopet

Sounds like you have lost your motivation but i don't blame you.  Good luck with your gas station.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

HiTech

In places a Country Store/Gas Station would do good. I think maybe she might have a good idea. With you having a job it is tough to dedicate a lot of time for Forestry work. Like you say do what you can when you can and see how her Idea pans out. Remember behind every successful man there is one hell of a good woman.

jwilly3879

My wife owns a gas station/country store and it is more than a full time job, you are married to it. She is facing an upgrade of tanks/island and pumps. To continue to sell gas and diesel will require an investment of $150 to $200,000. With the profit on gas and diesel that money will take forever to recoup but is necessary to keep the people coming into the store. The hours this type of business call for can be very challenging.

timberlinetree

What ever happens we wish you  both the best of luck!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jwilly3879

That must be your 450C in the Want Ad Digest.

Dave Shepard

A friend of mine has talked about the convenience stores up in the Adirondacks. He built a hydro site in St. Regis. He stopped at a convenience store for gas, and left with lunch, a hydraulic hose, a pulp hook and a choker chain. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

346xp

I wish you the best of luck and hope your dreams come true!Thats all we can do in life!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: jwilly3879 on December 23, 2014, 08:34:50 AM
That must be your 450C in the Want Ad Digest.
Yup.  :D. I think she is gone.  Yeah been talking about this for a while. Pumps, tanks and that equipment is about 150k doing a basic set up, nothing is cheap. Do what I can by myself, and with the boats I don't have a lot of time anyway. Guess we will see.  :)

Gadrock

Oh yeah I have that tee shirt...and had the bill for a while. I gave up high he pain you altitude gliders...friends...asssociates...lots. In the end after all those counciling sessions it became apparent I was the only "givver upper"...exit stage left!
      After 6 years I re-married...when "Hell froze over". I can feel thou wanted to be doing before pain you are going through too. Make sure of your decisions, as she came along when you were doing what you wanted to be doing then....why change now. And make sure that "she must change something to compliment the new couple. SHE MUST BE A PARTNER.
     And good luck.

In this life I have learned the hard way that partnership is really easy...because ...well it is easy.....or it is difficult. It is is difficult now it just gets worse. This may be a hard position ...you can learn to love another person much easier than paying for a mistake.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Southside

So what does this mean for the ported 372XP from Wicked Work?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

lynde37avery

That's beyond my knowledge. I ain't never been married. No girlfriend at the moment either. I just go logging and then a cold beer after work. Seems I like things simple. Good luck.
Detroit WHAT?

beenthere

What Gadrock said.
QuoteMake sure of your decisions, as she came along when you were doing what you wanted to be doing then....why change now.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberlinetree

I'm glad my girl came into my life and changed things for the better! Sometimes we need to be pointed in the right direction and sometimes others can see how a job/career is wearing/ stressing someone out. Some times after marriage people fall more in love and start understanding a job is dangerous and don't want to lose the one they love.OK littly to mushy but what I've lived and learned. If you do open we'll be stopping by for a snack and drink. cone_1 cone_1 pepsi_smiley
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

David-L

Going logging and a beer after work, I am with lyndeAvery37. Simple.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Bert

Good Luck whatever route you take. When I first got married I was away from the woods and mill for a few years but came back because I missed it so much. For me its just a lifestyle. If your heart isn't in it, let it go. If you enjoy the work regardless of pay, you will be back.
Saw you tomorrow!

g_man

You are smart to keep enough equipment to remain a viable logger. You may very well need a good excuse to get away from the store and make some money pulling wood on a good lot.
Best of luck to you both. There is a lot to be said for working as a team with your wife.

LeeB

Having a spouse that is gone a good bit can be tough. Having something to occupy her time could be a lifesaver.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!