iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retired "funny feeling"

Started by xlogger, December 21, 2014, 12:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Friday was my last day at work took an early retirement. Feels good now when someone wants me saw something and I don't have to spend all my off work time trying to do it. Now everyone in my family has plans for me >:(
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

DanG

Congrats on your retirement!  At least you had a moment of thinking your time would be your own. ;) :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chuck White

Congratulations on your retirement.

Take my word for it, but after a while you'll be wondering "how the heck did I ever have time to go to work"!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on December 21, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Take my word for it, but after a while you'll be wondering "how the heck did I ever have time to go to work"!  ;D

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

Quote from: Chuck White on December 21, 2014, 12:46:22 PM
Congratulations on your retirement.

ayup working harder now than I was getting pay check but I like doing what I want when I want too :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

clww

I work a lot harder now since I retired (the first time) two and a half years ago.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Congratulations on your retirement.  You have had your last official "day off".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

Enjoy yourself Xlogger .I would bet you have lots to do.
al glenn

loggah

You will begin to wonder how you got everything done when you had a full time job !!!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Andy White

If I would have known being retired was this much fun, I would have done it years ago!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

xlogger

I know I have many things to do to start off with. I've got maybe 200 cedar logs to saw to start with and family thinking for me all the time now. I want to build a solar kiln also. Just funny not having to set the alarm and get my things ready for work tomorrow.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Chuck White

Your built-in alarm will still work for quite a while!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I roll out of bed much earlier now than I did when I worked for the man.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SawyerBrown

Way to go, xlogger.  Don't ever look back!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

chet

Way ta go, ya earned it. I quit punchin' da clock almost 2 years ago now, still feels funny sometimes. But not near enough ta make me go back.   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

LeeB

I really don't know how retiring will effect my home life. Work is already pretty much completely seperate from home anyway with me working a month on/month off schedule. It should certainly change my concept of time passing. With things at home, or at work, most of the time it seems someting has just happened when actually months have already gone by because my mind only tracks one side of my life at a time. At work I live my work life, at home I live my home life. I guess that's my mechanism for handling being away so much. I'm glad for you that you can now enjoy life on your time as you see fit. Congradulations.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

xlogger

I need to change the subject line to "great feeling". I don't miss it a bit, now like all of you said I don't see how I did it.

dean herring

Congratulations. How long did you work? I have been at the same job for 30 years.I is a great place to work and is only 4 miles from home. Planning on retiring at 60. I am clearing off a place for a mill and a kiln. Me and my son got the stumps dug up yesterday. Plan to start hauling in dirt soon.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

JohnG28

Congratulations! My dad retired in Sept. His job was pretty much all he did for a long time, no free time even when he was off. I must say that it's the best I have seen him in years! Enjoy it!  8)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

sawwood

Congratulations Xlogger on your retirement. I have been retired scene 08 and i still don't git things done i need too.

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

pine

Congratulations on the retirement.  I am getting closer.  My wife says I have two full time and two part time jobs now so it will be nice to drop one of the full time jobs.

Buckshot00

Congrats!  I'm on my 2nd year of retirement.  I love it.

Magicman

I passed my 20th "retirement" anniversary on Dec. 16th.  I work harder now, get tired quicker, and have never been happier.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!