iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ONE DUMB GOAT!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 19, 2014, 08:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I got a hand delivered invite from our neighbors last week.
Christmas Party at their home.....bring a dish or 2.......Purple Kool-Aid provided......small presents to exchange. All the other neighbors will be there.  8)
This was last week they hand delivered a really nice invite to me at my sawmill because they knew they would catch me there.
WELL.......I laid the invitation on the WM tray above the simple set and forgot about it.

I told the wife....Friday night.....Christmas Party at the Wallace's.
She gets off work early to go shopping for food. Comes home wraps a present....cooks 3 dishes and wraps a bottle of wine to give to the host and hostess as a thank you present.

My wife gets a little behind on the cooking.....and I rush her up a little....she's getting a little stressed......
I know you have all been here.
We get all the food in the car....presents, etc. Paul's been waiting in the car with the radio cranked up playing ACDC...not by his choice but it just happened to be on.
The wife is hollering for him to get in the back seat...and he does.
We go flying out the driveway.....takes 4 minutes to get there.....NO ONE IS THERE?????

I call them on the phone and they tell me its tomorrow night.

THE END........this is all I have to say right now.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I would be sitting at the table having a feast.  ;D   8)   Not as dumb as some think I am.  ;)

Wife use to cook 2 pies for the grange supper every 3rd friday of the month. Guess what this dumb country boy did one 2nd Friday of the month? I had the wife convinced it was the 3rd Friday of the month.I was all mixed up. Ayup. I had 2 pies all to myself. Oh well. As least someone on the hill was happy.   ;D    ;D     ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Or bone head goat  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

whitepine2

Your in the goat house now!

Hilltop366

Tell her it was just the practice run.

I can hear you now.

You did good honey now all we got to do tomorrow night is pick up the pace a little bit and we will be right on time!

Enjoy your dog house.... I mean goat house. ;D

redprospector

Hahaha! Sounds like something I would do.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Holmes

Sounds like you are on the edge of the ledge. You should be comfortable  :)
Think like a farmer.

Seaman

You might want to make the phrase " I LOVE YOU " a MAJOR part of your verbal communication for a week or so.
FRank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Sixacresand

I can see where that situation would not be funny.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

You could still go tonight as a pirate goat......with a patch over your black eye.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

slider

Im thinking schadenfreude.
al glenn

JB Griffin

Quote from: Magicman on December 20, 2014, 07:46:15 AM
You could still go tonight as a pirate goat......with a patch over your black eye.   :D

Good 'un Magic. :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

grweldon

Quote from: redprospector on December 19, 2014, 10:12:03 PM
Hahaha! Sounds like something I would do.  :D

Yeah, I HAVE done it.  Wasn't pretty...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Dave Shepard

Quote from: clww on December 22, 2014, 04:11:16 PM
Dress rehearsal. :D

Did I miss something? Raider Bill isn't getting married again, is he? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

Not sure If I'm allowed to post on Postons' post, but all I can say is "Really?"   what is your problem man?  no never done it, can't even imagine doing it,  sorry,  goat house has a totally different meaning here,  Not really even funny,  so there you go, I shed my blood for all to read,  I'm thinking you need a different avatar,  Hee haw has a great one that would suit,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bill Gaiche

I bet that deer blind was looking pretty good about then...... bg

sawguy21

I'm with MM on this one, at least you didn't miss it. Did anyone notice the warmed over food? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on December 22, 2014, 10:55:22 PM
I bet that deer blind was looking pretty good about then...... bg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EZ

Thank You Sponsors!