iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the 028 to run,... well sorta

Started by JB Griffin, December 17, 2014, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

Got the carb rebuilt and put the saw back together and finally got it to start and it'll  idle just fine but when give it gas it dies, but will start back with 1 pull.

What gives, I've played with carb and get it any better and its worse after it warms up. ???
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

mad murdock

Do you have an airleak on the intake side? Or possibly leaky crank seals? Make sure you start both lo and hi needles at about the 1 turn out from seated position and tune from there.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

sablatnic

Did you clean the tiny filter in the carburettor. (Opposite the inlet valve)?

JB Griffin

I replaced the carb filter when I rebuilt it.

It does have a air leak behind the carb. How do I fix that, new boot??
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

sablatnic

Leak behind the carb. Can you hear it? Could be the boot or the pulse line. Or the cylinder gasket.

JB Griffin

Can't hear it but I sprayed carb cleaner around the flywheel,clutch, and carb, only the carb leaked.

dennyb

Quote from: JB Griffin on December 17, 2014, 05:33:53 PM
Got the carb rebuilt and put the saw back together and finally got it to start and it'll  idle just fine but when give it gas it dies, but will start back with 1 pull.

What gives, I've played with carb and get it any better and its worse after it warms up. ???

They were known for leaky seals on the crank. I had one way back about 35 years ago that did that after about 6 months of daily use. Powerful saw for it's size though

Thank You Sponsors!