iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

house painting

Started by Skidder Kev, December 16, 2014, 09:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skidder Kev

Well after 3 years of living in our house we are finally getting around to painting the place.   Now I hate painting but to cheap to pay someone to do something i can do.   

I have sometime off now so trying to get it all finished and done with. 

Anyone else hate painting.

drobertson

Not really the painting as the prep work before hand, laying out drip cloth and taping, moving stuff around, seems like it becomes a perfect time for the wife to start remodeling the furniture and pictures and stuff, then it starts all over again, ;D  I reckon it's better than a sharp stick in the eye,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

My wife loves to, says it's therapeutic, that's just fine because I absolutely hate it.

Skidder Kev

i will say one good thing is I have a vulcan  extention/step ladder.  Is it ever handy.  I'm doing the stairway now and i'm able to set it on the stairs which makes this job easier.  The only thing I don't like about it is its heavy,  but for how handy it is i will deal with that. 

StimW

When I got drafted into the ARMY in 1968 I got inducted on Good Friday.
On Easter Sunday they put us in some old barracks to re-paint the interior at 7 am after breakfast. (still in civilian clothes!)
They had us break for lunch and dinner. About 2 am Monday morning I noticed some guys were missing. ??
I decided to sneak off and go to my barracks and go to bed! I guess they are still looking for me but I never heard anything about it.
I have HATED painting ever since!
I do love to spray paint!
It used to take me 45 minutes to paint a 45' semi trailer with Air-less Sprayer at previous employer. That's 15 min to paint and 30 minutes moving the ladder and hose/paint.
I have also painted over a dozen cars/trucks. Love that but the prep sucks!
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Mooseherder

I'm gearing up to paint the outside of the house as it needs it pretty bad.  We tried a few different paint combinations on parts of the front last weekend to see which one to go with.  I think the boss has made her decision.  I don't like to paint either but that's the only way to get it done.  I'll have to physc myself out and just tell myself to begin, the rest is easy.  That and have some good tunes to keep myself happy. 

Raider Bill

4 words
Sherwin Williams Super Paint.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

I think that is where she got it.
Or maybe it was Benjamin Moore.?
I'll check when I get home.

Skidder Kev

I hear you on that mooseherder.  Give me some good tunes and leave me alone and I will get it done.  Well other then when I don't have enough paint haha. 

Mooseherder

Come on down and I'll throw in some sunshine. :D

sandhills

Give my wife her good ole cowboy music, a can of paint, and a brush, then get the heck out of the way, she really loves it.  As stated I'd rather do almost anything else so she doesn't even want me around  :), but she ALWAYS has her music going!

curdog

I thought  this was a family friendly site and here you are throwing around the "p" word. I have just about wrapped up painting the inside my house. Pine paneling walls.  Two coats of primer before the first coat of paint. I had a hard time bringing myself to paint the paneling,  but I left the paneled ceiling unpainted.  With hardwood floors every room was a brown box, so i had to lighten the place some. now I'm ready to ban anything that even resembles a paintbrush from the house.

Skidder Kev

Mooseherder,  way to warm down there to be painting haha

Curdog,  Sorry about using the P word I will watch my language next time.   :D :D :D

Buckshot00

I don't really like to paint, but once I get started it's usually not that bad.  My wife tapes and trims, and I paint.  Good luck.

Raider Bill

I've found Sherwin Williams Super Paint to be the best.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LaneC

The only thing I hate worse than painting is watching it dry :D :D :D
Man makes plans and God smiles

loggah

I think most of the painters around here  are alky's or druggies !!!! and i don't blame them !!!!! :)
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: loggah on December 17, 2014, 01:05:56 PM
I think most of the painters around here  are alky's or druggies !!!! and i don't blame them !!!!! :)

Don...you need something painted?

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

loggah

You going to use the "SHORT" brush thats on the back end of that beer guzzler?? ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

clearcut

The worst thing about painting inside or outside is getting the wife to pick the color. I know better than attempting the impossible.

"Should that be a taupey brown or a brownish taupe?"

ARGHHHH!
Carbon sequestered upon request.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: loggah on December 17, 2014, 04:28:39 PM
You going to use the "SHORT" brush thats on the back end of that beer guzzler?? ;D

:D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

curdog

Quote from: clearcut on December 17, 2014, 06:07:47 PM
The worst thing about painting inside or outside is getting the wife to pick the color. I know better than attempting the impossible.

ARGHHHH!
That is true, I have learned that there is more than one kind of white.  I thought white was white, but little did I know.

submarinesailor

ARGHHHH!

I feel your PAIN!!!!!!!!!!  And know exactly what you are saying.

Bruce

Mooseherder

Quote from: submarinesailor on December 17, 2014, 10:29:48 PM

ARGHHHH!

I feel your PAIN!!!!!!!!!!  And know exactly what you are saying.

Bruce

So very true.  The front of the house now has 4 different colors for testing on it and 3 different trim shades. ::) :new_year:
I'm so happy I said the house needed painting.

Bert

Living in a log home I need to re-stain the exterior about 4 or 5 years. I don't mind the painting so much as the height. I get nervous!
Saw you tomorrow!

Skidder Kev

ARGHHHH!

oh let me tell you picking a colour was the best part  :'(.  The wife picked up every colour chip that home depot had.  It almost filled a grocery bag.  Then it took us 2 months to pick a colour.  So we go in to get the paint and all the other painting supplies, well they don't have that colour in the paint we want!!  The funny part was it only took us 1 min to pick a similair colour in the brand we wanted haha   

Thank You Sponsors!