iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

john deere 440c log skidder

Started by MICKEY108, December 15, 2014, 09:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MICKEY108

KyLogger

I've got a powershift tranny out of a B model...............sitting here taking up room (my B is a synchro torque) Where you located?
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Maine logger88

I believe the 440B powershift is the same as the 540A powershift it might take some work but would make a nice conversion. I heard 440C synchro range Trans parts were getting hard to come by
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

MICKEY108

Is it the same as a 440c its a manual 6 speed synchro range trans

ohiowoodchuck

Are parts getting hard to get from john deere? I know there tractor parts go back to the 40's still. This is one of the main reasons I was going to try to stick with john deere.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Maine logger88

Ya there's some stuff that's hard to get from deere I'm not say impossible just harder than it used to be
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ohiowoodchuck

I know the case stuff is getting really hard. Say 70-mid 80's. I know a rather large excavating company who sold all there case equipment because of this.
Education is the best defense against the media.

BargeMonkey

One of our employees at home has a 440C and he has never had trouble for parts. Same with my 440D. Call Delk, Delich, Schafers.  We run some older iron @ home, - 850B, 590D, 450G, 440D and Deere knows they have you sometimes.

MICKEY108

Thanks the one in my skidder is fine l am trying to find a spare trans I live in southwestern Virginia they r hard to find I have been calling every where can't find one I thought someone on the forum could help me thanks for any help

KyLogger

If you could find out if the one outta that B of mine would work I will let it go cheap. I live in E. Central Ky.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

KyLogger

Incidentally, I am looking for a 440C or D if anyone knows where one is relatively close.

Aldin

Quote from: KyLogger on December 18, 2014, 07:20:44 PM
Incidentally, I am looking for a 440C or D if anyone knows where one is relatively close.
Hello,

I need transmisiion used for John Deere 440d. please send me contact i live in Croatia Europe

stoneeaglefarm

Give PB&H in Antrim NH a call 1-603-588-3005, They are John deere guys and should give you a idea on parts. Good luck.

Thank You Sponsors!