iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood clam/portable processor

Started by DDDfarmer, December 12, 2014, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDDfarmer

Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Ivan49

I want one. I wonder if adding the splitting wedge like that would work on a regular splitter

Andries

Hey DDDfarmer - wouldn't it be nice to win the lottery?
.... or would you even bother with firewood if that happened?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

DDDfarmer

I keep talking about the lottery and what I would do if I won.  What could we do? How much notice would I have to give the boss.... Julie keeps telling me that I would keep going to work just to say...... Naw I don't feel like doing anything today.... ;D

Fire wood? gotta keep warm somehow. 
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

r.man

The chomper is the only commercially produced shear type firewood processor line I know of although there are home made ones on the net. I wonder if this type of set up would be superior in a firewood processor for smaller logs. Allow the shear to split as well so that you only need a roller drive or belt to move the log forward to its stop. You already have to have the splitter cylinder, this would eliminate the cutting bar/saw and consolidate the two cycle times as well when competing with a system that can't cut and split at the same time. It would also lessen the construction cost some by allowing for a shorter stroke cylinder and less hydraulics overall.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Grunex

I would  think that if the same type of wedge was installed on a skid loader horizontal/vertical tree shear one could accomplish the same thing without the cost. I think CE attachments has one that could be easily converted to suit this purpose. The drawback would be the limitations of tree diameter that the tree shear could handle and also what amt of branches one will be willing to deal with.  With this sort of setup, the person shearing the tree would have to trim branches off before cutting to firewood length and then come back to pick up the pieces. (lack of feed ability)  just my two cents I guess. 
www.grunexlandclearing.com
Maintaining America's Heartland one acre at a time.

DeerMeadowFarm

Those DanG Fins think of everything!  ;)

I want one!

thecfarm

That sure did work nice with that kind and size of wood. Low impact wood splitting.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!