iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off the shelf coolant for wm sharpener

Started by forester2009, December 12, 2014, 01:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forester2009

Can anyone give me good readily available coolant for a woodmizer blade sharpener.   I would like something that I can get locally. Any idea's
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

Chuck White

Depends on what type of Wood-Mizer sharpener you have.

If it's the old style drag sharpener, you could use a mix of water and windshield washer, or if it's too cold you might have to use windshield washer straight, not mixed with water!

If you have the new Wood-Mizer sharpener, they're cooled and lubed with a light oil.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

forester2009

I don't have a new one but this one does have the pump to move coolant.   I guess that is what everyone calls a drag grinder?  Or is a drag grinder like a chainsaw grinder?
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

Chuck White

The drag type advances the blade while the grind wheel is still in contact with the blade!

I would try the windshield washer solution.

When you get done sharpening for the day, I would suggest you empty the solution back into the jug, and make sure the little circulating pump is emptied out.

Note: The new type sharpener is called CBN.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!