iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how much will a truck frame twist

Started by snowstorm, December 12, 2014, 06:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

a lot. there is a story and pictures at the bangor daily news .com   seems a private ferry was hauling a concrete truck along with a form truck to north haven. seas were 7ft later building to 11ft. and that being a beam sea all the way it can get pretty sloppy. looks like the trucks slid on deck and up against the rail. there is another story and vids of trying to cross the bar in bar harbor with a car and a incoming tide along with a segway. at low tide you can drive to bar island at high tide there would be over 8ft of water covering it 

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/11/news/midcoast/cement-truck-tips-over-while-being-ferried-from-rockland-to-north-haven/

Hilltop366

Yikes!  The ferry had quite a lean too.

DaleK

Take a gander at the Quebec truck rodeo drag races and see how much some of them torque coming off the line with 140,000 lbs behind them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=53ca_KPW8aw
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Woodhauler

Not one but 2 trucks in the picture!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Skidder Kev

DaleK that is something to see,  I have been to the rodeo in notre dame du nord.  Hard to believe how much those trucks twist when they launch off the line.   Even got my 3 daily servings of poutine well I was there haha

Maine logger88

The maroon truck has a C18 caterpillar shoehorned into supposedly putting out 2500hp and who knows how much torq! I'd love to go to one of those rodeos in person!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lopet

Not sure if that's all twisting the frame. There 's gotta be some movement in the front and cab suspension.
But yeah  lots of torque.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Firewood dealer

I would like to see the drive train that's putting all that torque to the ground without breaking something.

Thank You Sponsors!