iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Latest Projects

Started by scleigh, December 10, 2014, 10:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scleigh

I had rotator cuff surgery back in October and have been at home for the past 6 weeks trying to recover. As my range of motion got better, I was able to start spending a little time messing around in my shop with small projects.

The cedar coffee table is almost finished, just needs a few more coats of tung oil.
The Poplar top is attached to a folding metal frame out of a pop up camper, and I replaced the missing cap on the foot.
My shoulder is healing nicely and I hope to return back to work in January, but man I'm gonna miss being around the house.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Every time you post your wood art, I can see improvement in your craftsmanship and imagination.
You ain't got no Goat in you have you?  :D

Extremely nice work! :)

Take care of your wing!  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scleigh

Thanks for the comments Poston.
I actually have 3 goats and 2 donkeys, so I enjoy all your goat topics.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Love the curved cedar stretcher. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lowpolyjoe

That coffee table is a beauty. 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nichols

Good job on the Cedar Coffee table. Nice work!
  Glad to know that there is another miniature donkey person around here too.

My wife wanted a miniature donkey.
  I wasn't sure that we needed a miniature donkey.
  So we compromised and got 5! Now we are up to 9!   ::)
If Balein' wire and Duck tape ever quit, my whole place is gonna fall apart!

mesquite buckeye

So when do you start your trek to the Lost Dutchman Mine? ;D :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

yukon cornelius

Those tables are fantastic!

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

scleigh

Thanks Yukon. I read your comment about using the Minwax Teak Oil on cedar. What kind of finish does it have: gloss, semi gloss? just curious, have a hard time finding something to use on cedar that I'm happy with.

kensfarm

How thick is that top..   very cool. 

scleigh

The top is 4" and came out of the crotch of a cedar tree that split during a storm. After i had sawn the crotch on the mill into a slab, a customer wanted half of it for a bathroom vanity top. I had this half laying around for the past 6 months and decided to make a coffee table out of it.
The tree had been dropped and sawn into lengths by a tree service 3 years ago, so moisture content was already low.

5quarter

Quote from: scleigh on December 10, 2014, 10:10:01 PM
I was able to start spending a little time messing around in my shop with small projects.

Just for the record, That handsome coffee table is not a small project.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

yukon cornelius

Quote from: scleigh on December 28, 2014, 09:46:20 PM
Thanks Yukon. I read your comment about using the Minwax Teak Oil on cedar. What kind of finish does it have: gloss, semi gloss? just curious, have a hard time finding something to use on cedar that I'm happy with.
I would call it a satin finish. the more you sand it the more it seems to shine when oil is applied.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!