iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alaska Mill w/59" bar

Started by bratz, December 10, 2014, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bratz

Love the mill but having a small problem. As I am sawing down the log the far right corner, exiting the log, seems to drop or slope down as I exit the log. Up to a quarter inch sloping drop toward corner. Mill is set up fine. I am thinking it is either the bar or chain. Any thoughts out there?

SliverPicker

You are on the right track.  Be meticulous about your bar and chain.  Its where the rubber meets the road as they say.  With a bar that long you might be better off milling so the bar is vertical instead of horizontal if that's even possible.  Gravity is not your friend with that set up.
Yooper by trade.

beenthere

Where are you located?  Alaska?  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mad murdock

Welcome bratz. I would make for certain that the bar rails are parallel (perfectly) on both sides, and that the chain is evenly filed on every tooth, even depth gauges. Uniformity and consistency are the key factors in producing arrow straight boards on a CSM.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!