iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ya gotta see this video! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Started by CCC4, December 09, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

goose63

Makes me think he could of been a dust off pilot in Nam
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

CCC4

Exactly!! Talk about an adrenaline rush!!! I would be screaming at the top of my lungs! LOL!

beenthere

Incredible performance.
What is the connect and disconnect for those bundles of trees? Magnetic? or something else to be so quick?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

celliott

Here's a video, probably not the same guy, but same operation view from the copter  :)
Doesn't seem like he's going as fast as the guy in CCC4's vid but I bet he is.
Pretty cool stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPO9pVwoxVg
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Swatson

Wow!  That is amazing!  I cant think fast enough to even think about doing what he is doing.  I imagine he has one brave hook up guy catching the cable in the trees and a remote electric hook release.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

1270d

That man has more than a few hours in the seat!

JDeere

A friend of mine has a Bell Jet Ranger and they are unbelievably expensive to fly. Can't imagine what that adds to the cost of a Christmas tree.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

beenthere

JDeere
Time is money in that game. Imagine the number of people handling and moving trees from those piles to that truck to make up for the few minutes the copter cost. Likely more than covers the cost of the copter or they wouldn't be doing it that way. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lopet

X2

He makes three trips in one minute. Probably less than five minutes to load a truck.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

NWP

Wow. There was another video that popped up as a suggested video on the right side while I was watching this one that was about 8 minutes long and it was shot from the helicopter. It showed the hook guy and the trees swinging into the truck. Pretty cool too.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

timberlinetree

Look like it's not his first day on the job! Wow he is good! Thanks for posting!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

JDeere

2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

SliverPicker

I love it! He's swinging that load in there just like its a grapple on a loader or forwarder.  Pretty cool!
Yooper by trade.

pine

Gadrock

I never flew a rotor craft...only straight wings. Some had round motors ...some were flat ones. Several thousand hours of flying and there is one thing like this video that reminds me of what I did...the shortest amount of time to do the job. On my farm I took off and landed in about 12 minutes, which allowed for 2 1/2 minutes of application time of chemicals. You math wizez can figure out how much was sprayed at about 140 mph and 50 foot wings.

Helo guy was sure nuff exciting to watch though.

David Gaddis

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mad murdock

The remote hook is actuated by an electric solenoid tripped by the pilot.  It has a mechanical camover mechanism that locks it and the solenoid trips it, with a spring to reset it automatically, or a counterweight on the portion of the hook that pivots to open and close, depending on the manufacturer.  Onboard Systems of Vancouver, WA makes most of the remote hooks used by operators these days, we have a couple of them where I work. I am glad we did not lift trees again this year, as it is really hard on the aircraft, not by any shock or hard pull, because the pilots are all pretty smooth, but just by the sheer number of torque events in a day, day in and day out, it wears out components prematurely, which are expensive to replace.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

redneck

fancy Flying!.   I have worked on my grandfather Christmas tree farm and have broken a  few tops by hand.  hard to believe that loading them that way doesn't damage the leaders.  I am sure they wouldn't be doing it if it doesn't make them money
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Thank You Sponsors!