iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bucksport verso mill sold!!

Started by Woodhauler, December 08, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Tv just had a quick blurb about it! Says they are going to run power plant and no news about mill.AIM devolopment bought it, same one that bought verso mill in minnisota and tore it down!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

the verso mill in min is the one that blew up

Maine logger88

I wonder if they kept the yard across the road?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

1270d

Doesn't verso have to sell some to avoid monopoly issues?

Woodhauler

already did , sold rumford and one in wisconson pending merger going threw.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

chester_tree _farmah

If they didn't plan to make some kind of forest based products there I think they would have waited till it closed.  They traded up. ;-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

deastman

Says the company that bought it is a recycling outfit, they'll probably keep the power plant going and scrap the mill. I heard that they are gonna keep the woodyard going.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

chester_tree _farmah

Yah the governor came out against the sale today. Doubt there so much he can do really.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Woodhauler

I'm sure there must be a no compete sipulation in the sales contact. :-X

chevytaHOE5674

Usually there is a no compete clause in the sale contract. Which in the case of our local paper mill ment it was only good for scrap iron. :(

snowstorm

but with out selling and or closing some of there mills the new verso newpage would control 52% of the coated paper market. the feds told them they could not merge until they took care of that. there is a lot more to this story than what we are being told.........and where is irving when we need them??? why didnt they buy it?

Woodhauler

Form 8-k verso paper tells all about terms of sale, One  of the big contracters up here claims verso and aim devlopment are owned by the same group.. No idea?

snowstorm

verso is mostly owned by the Apollo group they are a couple billionaires

HiTech

AIM stands for American Metal and Iron. Maybe they will scarp it but if they do it's a shame. Bucksport was the shinning star for the St. Regis Paper Company, later Champion International...then downhill it went. The American CEO's wanted out of this country so they could go to countries without labor or safety or health care issues. Get the huge profits and stick it with the rest of their money they will never spend. To those people money is a Drug they can't get enough of. That is all they live for....their money. They don't enjoy it they just want more.

repmma

Have you guys seen a drop in the local pulp markets as a result of all these recent happenings?  What purpose does leaving the wood yard open serve without the mill?
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Woodhauler

Quote from: repmma on December 12, 2014, 01:41:49 PM
Have you guys seen a drop in the local pulp markets as a result of all these recent happenings?  What purpose does leaving the wood yard open serve without the mill?
I spoke with the madison paper wood buyer, He said they havn't got ten loads of wood that he thought would have gone to bucksport since they closed! Price dropped in versos wood yards onS/F and the specs changed! They want better wood. The yards buy for the main mill in jay. Jay is hurting for wood.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: HiTech on December 12, 2014, 12:23:36 PM
AIM stands for American Metal and Iron.

American Iron and Metal is who bought the local Smurfit Stone paper mill and scrapped it.

repmma

Quote from: Woodhauler on December 12, 2014, 02:32:29 PM
Quote from: repmma on December 12, 2014, 01:41:49 PM
I spoke with the madison paper wood buyer, He said they havn't got ten loads of wood that he thought would have gone to bucksport since they closed! Price dropped in versos wood yards onS/F and the specs changed! They want better wood. The yards buy for the main mill in jay. Jay is hurting for wood.

Well I guess that's good news considering, hopefully everything is able to maintain, every hit to the forestry industry makes me cringe for the people affected and also the fact it gets us one step closer to a curse-ed Northern Maine Park/Flatlander OutofStater Play Ground. 

I dont know the ins and outs of the markets but is Jay routinely hurting for wood??  Seems like thats not the first time I've heard that line...
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Woodhauler

Talked to the woodbuyer from verso today, He is in michigan helping out!!  Still lots of funny business going on here!!! Asked lots of ?s got some info, Don't think the mill will be cut up soon. :-\

snowstorm

i heard that friday nite. they wanted him to move out there. they didnt have a wood buyer out there.

Woodhauler

He is going to be working out of bucksport but for jay mill! Just bhasn't been anounced.

snowstorm

i guy i know will work in bucksport. he expected to spend most of the winter on a airplane going to the mid west. and they my have to update the wood room in jay

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

and the plot thickens. begining to look like the sale to the junk dealer was an inside job. the real boss behind verso is the Apollo group. look them up on wiki its kind of interesting

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on January 18, 2015, 08:09:43 PM
and the plot thickens. begining to look like the sale to the junk dealer was an inside job. the real boss behind verso is the Apollo group. look them up on wiki its kind of interesting
told you so!!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!