iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first job

Started by blade69001, December 08, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade69001

Worked the mill this weekend, had a small order, and my standing order to get started on. This was a pile (110 or so) of 48"-60" logs waiting on me to get the LT15 home and go to work. The board footage has not been tallied yet but more than 2/3 of these are now cut down to smaller material and waiting on me to get them cut to the final lengths before we resaw the final heights for our boards. 

These produced one pallet of slabs and three pallets of 3 1/2 x 8 or so cants.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

taylorsmissbeehaven

Glad you got your mill. Hope you enjoy making lots more boards with it. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

beenthere

Hope you are working that first job by the hour.  ;)

Height for a board meaning thickness?   Why the short logs to work with?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd go NUTS!  smiley_tom_dizzy02
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

blade69001

Quote from: beenthere on December 08, 2014, 02:08:37 PM
Hope you are working that first job by the hour.  ;)

Height for a board meaning thickness?   Why the short logs to work with?

Pay is by the yield - labor expences.
  Yes Height= thickness I can run them through my resaw to get the 1 5/8 final thickness quicker than I can on the LT15.
Short logs for short boards and easy transport, these were given with the need to move them. I put them in my employers yard until I got the saw and could get them moved to my shop, that took two guys using my bronco and 14' trailer about four hours.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 08, 2014, 02:20:57 PM
I'd go NUTS!  smiley_tom_dizzy02
The small ones ( under 6") I palletized banded and they are still waiting on me to build a sled for my saw that will make them tall enough to secure without cutting the stops down. I can't go nuts because I have never had a set up like some I see pictures of on FF. Until I do I don't know what I am missing.
Sean P
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

drobertson

Lots to be said of ease of handling,,  I did some back a spell, I made the cants doubles then cut to the length, but my travel was very short and with rollers, so My hat is off to you!  make hay while the sun is shining!  no doubt the resaws rip through the cants fast,  I love it, it will make you peel off the outerwear pretty quick :D  trying to keep up,  glad the mill is working out for you,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!