iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Set a blade with the Moon sharpener. FAST!!!!!!

Started by ozarkgem, December 05, 2014, 06:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

My blades are 13-9 long. I finally got figured out how to get it in the setter side and got it all lined up and flipped the lever. 1 min 5 seconds to set the blade. Very consistent setting. I was very happy. The belt that drives the stone wheel was missing so I ordered one. 70 bucks for a small belt. I don't have time to chase down another source now and it will probably be the only one I ever buy. Looking forward to the dvd so I can learn the sharpener side. Then I will do a video.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

sounds fantastic, is there no way to try and sharpen one?  or is there just too much going on?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on December 05, 2014, 07:03:49 AM
sounds fantastic, is there no way to try and sharpen one?  or is there just too much going on?
the belt that drives the sharpening stone is gone. Plus there are a lot of adjustments on it. No cam's are involved. All done with 5 different adjusting knobs. I should have the belt and dvd in a few days.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

Ten four, it sure looks like a nice machine! bet you are pretty happy with this one,  you going into the band blade sharpening biz?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on December 05, 2014, 07:52:40 AM
Ten four, it sure looks like a nice machine! bet you are pretty happy with this one,  you going into the band blade sharpening biz?
I am very happy with it so far. It supports the blade vertical so doesn't take up much room. I have had a local guy wants me to sharpen his blades. We will see. Since I RETIRED I am about 2 yrs behind right now. :D

drobertson

I bet you could set up a few clients for sure, you might even consider being a distributor of bands,  unless you really are enjoying your retirement and don't want or need the hassle.  Looking forward to seeing that thing kick out the blades.

Thank You Sponsors!