Sponsors:

Aging gracefully

Started by Texas Ranger, December 04, 2014, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

BradMarks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thurlow

'druther not get either one.  Have known a few folks with Alzheimer's and it's so sad.  1st one I ever knew was one of my dad's first cousins;  hadn't seen him in a few years and saw him somewhere with his son.  He'd always been full of mischief, but when I looked into his eyes, there was NOTHING there.........not even as alive as a good picture.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

coxy

bedway

Lost my mother to alzhiemers years ago. One of my sisters is in the early stages of it and another one has just been put in a home. As thurlow said all that remains is an empty shell. So very very sad.

sawguy21

The picture is funny but Parkinson's and Alzheimer's are not. I have a mild essential tremor, symptoms are similar to Parkinson's and let me tell you it is very frustrating when trying to write legibly or eat without making a mess.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

r.man

Had a couple of friends with Parkinson's, like the joke says, keep drinking the scotch because you only spill a bit. The one friend said it helped him in one way only, when he torch welded aluminum. From what he said you need a constant slight movement of the torch so later in life he didn't have to remember to do that. The other one had a great attitude, never ran his power wheelchair on slow in his house, guess he found it made life more interesting. Also possible he just didn't care about furniture.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

BradMarks

There is an old saying that "laughter is the best medicine", we've all heard it.  By no means am I insensitive to debilitating diseases.  My father had MS, my wife's father died from Alzheimers, her mom has 2nd stage of the same.  It truly is sad, and that leads to another subject that has lots of opinions:  Death with Dignity.  Brad.

OneWithWood

TR, I am with you all the way...have you perchance come across the 1.75 liter bottles of Glenmorangie? Pretty hard to misplace, even when the eyesight starts to fade  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

chain

Having a Mother who died from complications of Alzheimers and a older brother who suffered from Parkinson's for over twenty years before succumbing in  a lonely nursing home. It's good we can look upon the lighter side of their suffering.

But one disease of the many human adult debilitating sicknesses that trumps about all, is the suffering from ALS. My best friend died from it a few years ago. No humor there.

Thank You Sponsors!